IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I would like to put some fresh fluid and ideally install some stainless lines. Also needed is an oil change and tranny/diff fluid change.

Im sure I can do it all myself but I do not have a driveway and things get messy when your working on the street.

I def want the right fluid for the tranny and diff, so I am thinking maybe I should just go see a dealership. I can do the oil myself but figured I might as well have it done in one shot.

The brakes would be nice with some performace fluid and lines, but its not totally necessary.

Any suggestions where to get it done? Anyone want to help? IDK..

·
Banned
233 Posts

·
Banned
233 Posts
Just call and ask them it'll be like a million times faster man...they are busy

·
Banned
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Youd be surprised how many people are oblivious to mods. Plus I dont do dealerships, except I need things done ASAP since I have a track day coming up and I am just hitting 30k and havent done the brake fliuid or tranny/diff fluid ever.

If they give me trouble then they wont get the business, if its gets down chances are I will never be back anyways.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Where did you make an appointment? I go to Morristown suby and so do some other guys I know. For the future I know one of the mechanics there that does some side work for me too. Let me know if you need work done.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
LightWerkz said:
I setup an appointment at the stealership.

First time my car will see a dealership. Oh well..
I would ask them for a list of exactly what they will do and what fluids they will use. When I called my dealership to buy the rear diff oil, the parts guy told me that they had NEVER had it in stock. Which obviously means that they are just putting some regular oil in the rear diff - not good. Check the drivetrain forum for more details on the rear diff fluid etc.

I'd get a quote up front too - you may be surprised by what they quote you.

·
Banned
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Singletrack said:
I would ask them for a list of exactly what they will do and what fluids they will use. When I called my dealership to buy the rear diff oil, the parts guy told me that they had NEVER had it in stock. Which obviously means that they are just putting some regular oil in the rear diff - not good. Check the drivetrain forum for more details on the rear diff fluid etc.

I'd get a quote up front too - you may be surprised by what they quote you.
Yeah when I get there I will ask.

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
maximus said:
Where did you make an appointment? I go to Morristown suby and so do some other guys I know. For the future I know one of the mechanics there that does some side work for me too. Let me know if you need work done.
'

yea suby of morristown is small but they're nice and do good work. that's where i bought my sti and it's been serviced there and they helped me with some problems on the car and let me in the shop with them.

they have a kid who works on the sti's.

·
Banned
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh, forgot to update this.

I called precision tuning this morning and they said they were too busy to fit me in since it takes a few hours.

They has the SS lines in stock which I wanted anyways. Redline oil for the diff/tranny, and royal purple for the motor oil. They are going to do the coolant as well. They said it could take 3-4 hours easy so I am wondering if anyone wants to come down and hang out with me on wednesday.

I will be there at 1pm.

·
Banned
8,226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
VSGTS14 said:
it does not take 3-4 hours to drain the tranny/diff/coolant if that's all they are doing.
the ss lines is what will take that extra time.

im getting an :

oil + filter change
tranny/diff fuild change
coolant change
ss line and new fluid

thats about it. The sooner the better lol. I dont want to sit in traffic on the way home!

·
pwn n00bs
18,247 Posts
ok yea they can do the fluid changes in an hour tops.

btw what redline oils are you getting for the tranny and diff?
what weight do our cars take? i'm coming up on 30k too.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts