IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay my question is that im at 30k and was feeling that my clutch is slipping, what should i get that is mainly for the street and is reliable . something else was that i think i need new spark plugs and what would be the best for my car thanks for all the help :p

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nandanrp said:
Unless you have an STi drivetrain, your clutch (with the 5 speed) might be different from the STi's clutch. I have no idea, but I figured I would throw that disclaimer out there.
lol yea stock drivetrain for me . . . anyways would u guys know what brand would be my best bet for my clutch act or exedy and im also considering a act 11lb flywheel or is that too light for street driving ??? :D

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
I have a SPEC stage 2 clutch in my WRX. It is very streetable and does not chatter at all. It is rated for 375 lb/ft so it is also fairly strong.

I would recommend them since I have seen 5 speed WRXs running low 11's with the stage 3 clutch they make and they are relativley affordable.

As far as the flywheel, just do some research because if you go too light it will throw misfire codes at idle.

·
Registered
8,772 Posts
dont get the light flywheel i have it and it is hard to get used to for street driving. The rpms drop like no other in between shifts.

Unless you do drag alot, keep the stock flywheel or dont go that light.

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
The recommendation is easy

ACT Street Clutch, with ACT Streelight Flywheel - a reduction in about 14 lbs from stock, very easy to drive everyday, and won't throw off a CEL as some ultralight flywheels will

This is our most popular combo and literally thousands of people have it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts