IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got protuned by Stephen at IA performance here in Tucson , Arizona. Considering the crappy 91 octane gas, Stephen did a great job.Here is what we got with Cobb Protuner : 287whp ,314wtq.
my mods are Cobb AP
helix catless dp
greddy evo exhaust
cobb sf intake
perrin intake charge pipe
My question is what would the least expensive new mod to get to the 300whp level?and I dont really want to swap turbos yet. thx

·
IWSTI Club Level 11ty
5,835 Posts
Fabwrx said:
So I just got protuned by Stephen at IA performance here in Tucson , Arizona. Considering the crappy 91 octane gas, Stephen did a great job.Here is what we got with Cobb Protuner : 287whp ,314wtq.
my mods are Cobb AP
helix catless dp
greddy evo exhaust
cobb sf intake
perrin intake charge pipe
My question is what would the least expensive new mod to get to the 300whp level?and I dont really want to swap turbos yet. thx

honestly, the numbers do not matter. it's what you gained from your base dyno pull to you tuned dyno pull. all dyno's are different. a dyno across town might put you at 300whp.

as far as another good mod, headers would be your best bet. although, they are quite spendy to do them right (heat coated/wrapped).

·
Registered
260 Posts
exactly, but if you still want to throw a couple of small mods on. I would go with maybe a lightweight crank pulley, maybe some silicon intercooler hoses.

Mike

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
I would try 3 things.

APS Headers
APS Inlet

Swapping out your Cobb intake with an APS CAI. The cobb was not designed to make power.

Doing 3 of these 3 or even 2/3 will net 300whp from your current setup.

·
Premium Member
4,158 Posts
every motor is different. There is no guarantee that yours will make 300+ Whp, period...I do agree with sniper, when my car was still almost stock, I had an Injen CAI, Headers, TBE. Without EM I got 305 Whp and #25 Ft lbs of torque.

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
10,384 Posts
equal length headers would probably give you another 10whp or more. Meth injection should def put you over the 300whp mark. but LaMer is right, numbers don't matter that much, it's all about the difference from stock to now.

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Another possibility that I didn't take into consideration... Use a higher octane rating on your CURRENT setup. 91 does net net what 93, or what a mixture of 91/100 will warrant.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
put the car on a dyna pack ;) seriously though, the 91 is holding you back. car can't be tuned as aggressively on 91.

·
Registered
370 Posts
lackskill said:
When I was down in AZ about 6 months ago, I couldnt find anything better than 91 at the pumps...
We must be spoiled here in Indiana. Shell has V-Power 93 and Sunoco has Super 94. Mine is on a steady diet of V-Power (even @ $3.39/gal at it's worst). Thank god it's down to $2.35 (for now).:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.