IW STi Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up guys i woke up today and realized today is a good day to order some goodies..=)...so i went ahead and ordered..

-Aps cold air intake system
-3.5" Aps turbo back exhaust (downpipe included)
-GT-spec header
-Aps uppipe
-turbo xs type h-rfl bov + adapter kit
-carbon fiber gauge pod(replaces stock clock on dash)
-air/fuel gauge....fuel pres. gauge....oil pres. gauge

i rushed everything so im waiting very impatiently!!...cant wait .. :D

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
Nice list pf goodies. Post pics when you recieve them and after install.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
DDKSTI85 said:
whats up guys i woke up today and realized today is a good day to order some goodies..=)...so i went ahead and ordered..

-Aps cold air intake system
-3.5" Aps turbo back exhaust (downpipe included)
-GT-spec header
-Aps uppipe
-turbo xs type h-rfl bov + adapter kit
-carbon fiber gauge pod(replaces stock clock on dash)

i rushed everything so im waiting very impatiently!!...cant wait .. :D
You might want to invest in a boost controller or some sort, you are throwing quite a lot at the stock programming. It wouldn't surprise me if it can't control boost/fuel properly.

-st

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ordering STi

ya definatly ill post pics of the parts..i should have all the parts begining of next week at the latest.. i talked to a couple shops that deal specifically with subaru and they said the stock computer should manage everything properly and i shouldnt have to worry..but worst case i have to order a boost controller.. oh its plenty fast stock ..i think its just that word "STOCK" that i dont like ... always have to upgrade right..? =)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
damn!!!..like 2 minutes after posting this...ups is at my door!!! yeah...i just got the exhaust and the intake!!!..its a beautiful thing...this might be a dumb question but how exactly do i post pics?? and then ill post pics of the parts

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
You should be able to add attachments if you use the "Post Reply" button. If not you will need to host them somewhere and insert a link using the

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have a suggestion that you send the A/F and fuel gauge back. Honestly the A/F is totally worthless and I really don't think you need a fuel pressure gauge. If you insist on the fuel pressure find one that will mount under your hood. I would suggest for your setup a boost gauge, EGT and a oil pressure(mostly as an indicator of when the engine is up to temp and is ready for WOT).

I would also send the uppipe back or shelf it for now until you're ready to upgrade the turbo and engine management is available. You're going to get some additional turbo lag with most aftermarket uppipe due to the increased internal diameter of pipe. I don't think you'll gain anything worth the spool time with a stock turbo.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i hpoe you have an extra $1000 saved for a UTEC ecu... that wayall those mods would work correctly... or about 400-600 for an AFC/ BC and such. Im waiting until after UTEc to start doing serious mods (TBE, headers, bigger turbos, FMIC, etc). As I dont want to kill my engine (although Im sure Subaru knows what they are doing and have a good ecu built). I'd just love the extra data loggin, fuel/timing curves, knock sensors, etc etc... You should really look into getting one.

Robert~

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well if they had the UTEC ecu available i would have ordered it ...according to the techs at UTEC they will not have it for about 3-4 weeks.. and on the gauges i was debating it for a while on which to order but now that i thought about it more and more ..i probably will be ordering differant ones..probably the ones that you suggested..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts