IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might have $2000 to spend in the next month or so, and after much deliberation, here's what I'm thinking. Tell me what you think.

On the car: Kartboy bushings. Sitting in the garage: Injen CAI, ordered and coming at the end of the month: RCE Springs.

Kartboy Endlinks: $200
Whiteline 27mm F, 24mm R adjustable sways: $400 @RCE
V-Limited Replica Lip: $220
Invidia V2 DP: $279
Cobb AP: $645

Comes out to near $1800, with some room left for shipping and the inevitable headaches. What I want to do is find a used DP and unmarried AP in the classifieds, and with the $ saved go for SS brake lines, good fluid, and pads that will make me happy at the track. Does this look good?

·
Premium Member
5,332 Posts
Tomerville said:
i say maybe wait till you get a cat-back, then protune?
He could, but not the main performance getter.

Your modification list sounds good. You might want to make the AP and downpipe a higher priority though then they are currently listed. Protune will be a great asset for a stage 2 mapping.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm skeptical about power mods right now simply because I don't have all that much $ to spend. Basically I'm pretty happy with stock power coming from a 95 hp civic lx. I am not too happy with handling and understeer, and as I start to do more track days and eventually auto-x's, I think my priority is handling.

I'm even thinking of amending that list to do just handling bits right now, then power mods in a couple months when I have another 2 or 3K to spend.
Do you think it makes sense to go with endlinks, sways, v limited, SS lines, fluid, pads, and maybe a set of extra wheels and stickys for now, then do power mods when I have the money?

·
Banned
8,265 Posts
Of course. Thats truely what matters.

Like you said your coming from a civic. Get used to the power, then add some.

I would get the whiteline sways, scratch hotchkis of the list because they were a TOTAL PITA to install, and the design of the brackets/bolts is not up to par.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.