IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my first Wrx in Nov. of 2001. In 29 days I had already put 2200 miles on it. I was heading to filler up (cuz i was on E!) and had a run in with a deer that stepped out into the street. I was only traveling at about 55-60mph (probably one of the only times). Well automobile of the year I was driving so no problem i thought. I steered easily around the deer, but when i got around the deer I found that there was gravel all over the road surface (possible dropped by a truck). As soon as the car touched the gravel it went into a 4wheel skid. I knew to keep the wheel straight in the AWD car for it would correct its own skid(wich I had done plenty of times before), but I had previously taken courses in EVOC course training for law enforcement, and i instinctively steered into my skid as if i were in a rear or front wheel skid. As soon as the wheels lined up, they caught traction. The WRX propelled forward shoving the nose of the car into the ditch on the left side of the road. On first impact it flipped in the air (thats when i said "OH SHIT"). I held on with all my might and mind you im a big guy (bout 280lbs.) The car continued to flip through a fence and into a cow pasture. After 5 or more flips it finally came to a stop, laying on the driver side of the car. I found my position to be sitting on the driver side of the seat (no seat belt, i know what a dumb ass) with my hands still in a steering wheel position, gripping for life with no wheel in my hands at all. I climbed out of the passenger side window. I then turned around and looked at my disaster and thanked GOD for my life (and the fact that I was untouched but a few scratches from the glass) and then I looked to find the top of the car wrinkled but not crushed in at the slightest. It was then that I thanked SUBARU for the factory roll cage around the cab. I plan to buy another one soon. I'm debating on waiting for the STI, thats the only holding back now. I am 20 yrs. old and im just thanking Subaru for extending my life a little futher. -----------------and um..... WRX is a bad ass machine!!!!!!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts