IW STi Forum banner

250k McClaren crashes into Crawdford BRZ

19K views 67 replies 26 participants last post by  qingshan 
#1 ·
See less See more
#7 ·
Me too. More likely, "some turd was out in the middle of the racing line and the McLaren lacked the experience to avoid hitting it."

power of the BRZ :rofl:

that's a funny one...

#10 · (Edited)
I wonder how long until video surfaces. I'd be surprised if Crawford didn't have some video recording going on. All it will take is a brave individual to download what's on the Mclaren's GoPro.

That MP4-12C driver is a tool. I've seen things about him before.

Also, it seems Crawford hasn't released numbers on their turbo'd FA20, but I'd be surprised if it was over 250WHP from the boost response in videos I've seen. The turbo can't be that big.

Edit: BTW, the damage pics make me think the BRZ beat up the Mclaren and took its lunch money. (I know it hit a wall, just saying. :lol:)

#14 ·
You aren't looking hard then and I dont really feel like typing stuff out here since last time I got points since this is not a vendor review thread. Hint look around other forums.

#16 ·
Since I've been asked this on other forums...

Look at the pictures, as well as these, and draw your own conclusions. I'd rather not state my opinion on a public forum, in case there is litigation.

Skidmarks from the McLaren spin.

Track map

Dmg from collision on track on the BRZ

Dmg from collision on track on the McLaren

A lot of people are speculating that the McLaren stole the apex. This is how far away from the turn the McLaren actually hit a barrier. The barrier is 5000 lbs from my understanding, and rebar reinforced; the rebar ALL snapped from the impact.

Fast forward to 0:25 to HEAR the impact. It's that hard. You can catch a glimpse of my car at 0:35

86fest.mp4 on Vimeo

You can line up where the two hit.

#20 ·
Since I've been asked this on other forums...

Look at the pictures, as well as these, and draw your own conclusions. I'd rather not state my opinion on a public forum, in case there is litigation.

Skidmarks from the McLaren spin.

Image Link

Track map

Image Link

Dmg from collision on track on the BRZ

Image Link

Dmg from collision on track on the McLaren

Image Link

A lot of people are speculating that the McLaren stole the apex. This is how far away from the turn the McLaren actually hit a barrier. The barrier is 5000 lbs from my understanding, and rebar reinforced; the rebar ALL snapped from the impact.

Image Link

Fast forward to 0:25 to HEAR the impact. It's that hard. You can catch a glimpse of my car at 0:35

86fest.mp4 on Vimeo

You can line up where the two hit.

How fast was the car going when it hit? It looks like it slowed down a bit. That sound brought back a bad memory...

#24 ·
it was the mclaren's fault. one of those toolbag drivers. i highly doubt the crawford car would try to do anything. and crawford's brz has forged internals with a lower compression and what looks to be a gt30-gt35 on the car. coming from crawford, i suspect a gt30 for tracking. i wouldn't be surprised if it's putting down 350whp and up.

#33 ·
I've taken down Z06's, GTR's, 911's... and I also got passed by Miata's and Mini's.

It's all in the driver. I personally don't like the BRZ, but it's a driver's car... so I think a very skilled driver understands and appreciates more than most of us can comprehend. A lot of people that rave about the BRZ are not only respected car reviewers but usually instructors or highly skilled drivers.

I probably would love it on the track once I had to the BALLS to drive it like it should be.

#41 ·
How is it that everyone is asking what the BRZ was doing on the track when it was an event for the BRZ and the FRS??

And to the notions that the BRZ was getting schooled...I saw the crawford car at Pomona the day prior and it looked like it was pretty spec'd out.

The question I would ask is WTF were the Ferrari and McLaren doing at a track meet with a bunch of 200hp traffic spread all over the track??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.