Registered
13,104 Posts
:tup:

too bad for the McLaren.

Sounds like the owner may be a douche.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
"Clearly both super cars misjudged the power of the turbo BRZ, if they paid attention to their surroundings they would have seen the FMIC and Brembo GT front and rear big brake kit on the car — but I guess you would have had to be in front of the car to see it — right?"

That made me LOL...

·
Registered
13,104 Posts
Me too. More likely, "some turd was out in the middle of the racing line and the McLaren lacked the experience to avoid hitting it."

power of the BRZ :rofl:

that's a funny one...

·
Registered
7,872 Posts
I wonder how long until video surfaces. I'd be surprised if Crawford didn't have some video recording going on. All it will take is a brave individual to download what's on the Mclaren's GoPro.

That MP4-12C driver is a tool. I've seen things about him before.

Also, it seems Crawford hasn't released numbers on their turbo'd FA20, but I'd be surprised if it was over 250WHP from the boost response in videos I've seen. The turbo can't be that big.

Edit: BTW, the damage pics make me think the BRZ beat up the Mclaren and took its lunch money. (I know it hit a wall, just saying. :lol:)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yeah. I still want to know why people don't like the Visconti guy. He seems to be the only active tuner for this car so far.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
You aren't looking hard then and I dont really feel like typing stuff out here since last time I got points since this is not a vendor review thread. Hint look around other forums.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Also, it seems Crawford hasn't released numbers on their turbo'd FA20, but I'd be surprised if it was over 250WHP from the boost response in videos I've seen. The turbo can't be that big.
Oh it's much higher than that...

Remember, the STI is 8.2:1 compression, while the BRZ is 12.5:1 :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Since I've been asked this on other forums...

Look at the pictures, as well as these, and draw your own conclusions. I'd rather not state my opinion on a public forum, in case there is litigation.

Skidmarks from the McLaren spin.

Track map

Dmg from collision on track on the BRZ

Dmg from collision on track on the McLaren

A lot of people are speculating that the McLaren stole the apex. This is how far away from the turn the McLaren actually hit a barrier. The barrier is 5000 lbs from my understanding, and rebar reinforced; the rebar ALL snapped from the impact.

Fast forward to 0:25 to HEAR the impact. It's that hard. You can catch a glimpse of my car at 0:35

86fest.mp4 on Vimeo

You can line up where the two hit.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Since I've been asked this on other forums...

Look at the pictures, as well as these, and draw your own conclusions. I'd rather not state my opinion on a public forum, in case there is litigation.

Skidmarks from the McLaren spin.

Image Link

Track map

Image Link

Dmg from collision on track on the BRZ

Image Link

Dmg from collision on track on the McLaren

Image Link

A lot of people are speculating that the McLaren stole the apex. This is how far away from the turn the McLaren actually hit a barrier. The barrier is 5000 lbs from my understanding, and rebar reinforced; the rebar ALL snapped from the impact.

Image Link

Fast forward to 0:25 to HEAR the impact. It's that hard. You can catch a glimpse of my car at 0:35

86fest.mp4 on Vimeo

You can line up where the two hit.

How fast was the car going when it hit? It looks like it slowed down a bit. That sound brought back a bad memory...

1 - 20 of 68 Posts