IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the dealer and they said i need a new clutch. now they said if they get in there and see hot spots on the fly wheel then i have to pay if it looks evenly worn then it is covered. does this sound right. and it is like 1500 for flywheel, clutch and everything else i need. any inputs

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i bought my car with 10k on it. 1st of all i have never beat the crap out of my car no launches nothing like that i take car of my car. second i know 24k i was shocked to. and why do you say of course there is going to be hot spots on the flywheel.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i won't know till wednesday of next week when they pull it apart. i want to stay with stock because i heard they were good. plus i do not want to have mash down the clutch i have to much traffic for that. i had an excedy in my old car good clutch just alot of work. either way if it is covered i am going stock if it isn't i am going stock.

·
Premium Member
4,120 Posts
Trum1982 said:
i bought my car with 10k on it. 1st of all i have never beat the crap out of my car no launches nothing like that i take car of my car. second i know 24k i was shocked to. and why do you say of course there is going to be hot spots on the flywheel.
because at 24K the clutch didnt fail just because! Not accusing you but the previous owner must have done some damage. SOA says that even one session of "slipping" is enough to damage the ctuch...

·
Registered
514 Posts
there are going to be hot spots from flooring it and shifting gears hard. so you are fued. nobody and i mean nobody buys an sti and doesnt enjoy it! ok i take good care of mine and dont rag on it and rail it everydy. i take it out on the highways on the weekends and hit it up a little but for the most part im scared of something going wrong. sod will not work on my car. its a lemon and they refuse to fix my problem. they blame everything on after market bushings i put in....but thats a different story. basically u are screwed!

P.S. dont go after market! i had an exedy hyper single with fly and it was great but i ended up selling it and getting the stock clutch back becuase it was strictly for racing. mine is a everyday car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts