IW STi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experience such good wear from their stock summer tires?

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
Had 20K on mine until I got a nail in the sidewall on one :( . I would say the remaining three in my garage have about 5-10K left in 'em!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I am at 23k on mine and are about 3mm away from the first marks. I auto x all summer on these too. I did have a few big trips also, but they are going strong. I like the Potenzas and I already have a second set waiting in the garage. I also have my Blizzaks LM 25s ready to go on for first snow and my R-Comps just came in yesterday. wo0T... I want this winter to come and go fast.

VAN

·
resigned
5,609 Posts
Im over 25k on the stockers, dont know how far I am from the wear marker, but my winter Nokians are sitting in the garage waiting for the install in a few weeks...

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
wow it looks like i will be getting new tires after my race in oct 28 :) and i only have about 7k miles on my car haha i guess i should stop doing canyon runs every weeken .

·
Registered
13,608 Posts
My tires look like new.

Guess why? :lol:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Let's see... I put my FIFTH set of 070's on when the odometer read somehere around 30K... so I would have to say... NO, I have not experience that kind of mileage on my tires.

come to think of it, I don't know if I've EVER gotten near 20K miles on a sports car!!! I am assuming that you keep your "spirited driving" to a minimum?

·
3,274 Posts
I have about 17.5k on the tires so far, and that includes a full day of auto-x school (50+ runs) and a season of runs (25ish runs) and I still have about 50% of the tread left.

I also have 35k miles on the stock pads and I still have about 5mm on the pads.

I guess I'm not driving the car hard enough. :(

·
Registered
190 Posts
Darkiller said:
wow it looks like i will be getting new tires after my race in oct 28 :) and i only have about 7k miles on my car haha i guess i should stop doing canyon runs every weeken .
Haha Bro me too!
Now that i am in Texas and dont have Canyons my tires should fare a little better.

As of now i am 2mm from wear markers and have 11k on them

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have about 22k miles with 3mm left till wear strip. 10k where done at stage 2 and 4 k with my current setup. Not alot of track time but plenty of spirited driving.

·
Registered
524 Posts
xSTIx said:
Anyone else experience such good wear from their stock summer tires?
I have 24K on mine (just summer driving). I don't do track but I drive pretty aggressively. I was told I have about another 20K left on them from the amount of tread left. Here's one for you. I've got 60K on my car and I still have the original brake pads- it still stops good and I've got a few miles left on them as well.

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
23300 on mine and they still have about 3mm from the first mark. Anyone thats ridden with me knows i kinda umm like to push it but dont know why i have alot of tread left. As for breakpads i wore mine out at 22k

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Great to see the responses. I guess I can look at about 7k more miles to go.

I am looking at some new lighter weight performance tires. Anyone running with the Carbon Fiber reinforced tires yet?

·
Registered
686 Posts
With a 140 UTQG rating, I thought these would wear out well under 20k miles under standard use. I guess its really true about what they say about how the UTQG scale differs between different manufacturers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i am kinda mad about my tires. i have 9700 miles on my 06 sti and last oil change i had to replace a tire with a nail in it and today i take it in for another oil change, and the same tire has not one, but two nails in it...that means i have had to buy 2 new tires at 320 installed from subaru!! this f-ing car is expensive but its worth it.
what other type of tires would you reccomend?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts