IW STi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i received a letter from my subaru dealer telling me that i am due for a 22.5 month maintenance.... i have never heard of such a thing.

i was wondering if anyone can tell me if this is legitimately needed service? my 05 sti was last in on 3/8/06 for a 15,000 mile maintenance (even though the car only had 5,657 miles on it)... the invoice lists tire rotation, engine lube, and oil change. i have about 7,900 miles on it now..

thanks in advance. btw i am not new here, i changed e-mail accounts and lost my old password...

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
re: letter

that makes sense... but here's what the letter says (the applicable part):

"Our service for your 2005 IMPREZA WRX STI show that your mileage is probably now around 7,529 miles and/or your vehicle is 22 months old, which means - unless recently serviced - you require the following factory recommended maintenance:

22.5 Month Maintenance"

i dont understand why i had a 15k maintenance on the car with 5,600ish miles on the car either.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
If you look at maintenance schedules, they list a mileage and time (3,000 miles or 3 months whichever comes first, for example). That's probably why you are way ahead on your service visits. If you don't drive that much, they are going by the time, not the miles.

·
Registered
4,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the link... so i guess i should make that appointment.. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.