IW STi Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who is running this setup of 20G W/ EWG.. considering going this route.. want to know what to expect on an Sti..

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
izzodesh said:
hahaha

well i am wondering what is your boost at and what do u taper to?
With an external wastegate you really don't need to taper as long as you're engine is happy (the tuner will determine this).
My target boost is 22psi and there is no taper at all.
Tapering is for those internal wastegate guys ;)

*this is on 93 octane

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i wanted to know what to expect as far as horsepower numbers..I will be running it with a TMIC and Meth.. Where did you get it tuned?What other mods you got? still stock block?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the thread you posted stated, more fuel will be burned.. is this your case? does it attract the wrong attention?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Boxer112 said:
the thread you posted stated, more fuel will be burned.. is this your case? does it attract the wrong attention?
Me?
If so, yes I notice I go through more gas now.
I also blow a good ammount of black smoke when I get on it as well.
Most STi's that I've seen with an upgraded turbo do the same thing.
It's just pushing a lot more air out of it now.

As far as what kind of HP/TQ I'm making there is a thread I made about getting tuned at TDCTuning in New Hampshire, but sounds like you might've seen it already?
I wouldn't focus too much on my #'s because that dyno reads very low ;)
Just focus more on the curve and how it keeps making power right to redline :D

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Boxer112 said:
i wanted to know what to expect as far as horsepower numbers..I will be running it with a TMIC and Meth.. Where did you get it tuned?What other mods you got? still stock block?
I would imagine you will spool up faster than me because of the top mount.
I've never been in a car with this setup, so I can't really say for sure how much of a difference it'll be compared to a front mount.

Yes, I'm on the stock block.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i checked out ur dyno plots and it looked pretty good to be on a low reading dyno..have u made any new videos yet??

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Boxer112 said:
i checked out ur dyno plots and it looked pretty good to be on a low reading dyno..have u made any new videos yet??
Funny you should ask because I tried to the other night and some people tried going vigilante style on us :lol:
My friend was standing by the side of the road and I was just doing a quick fly-by and some people happen to see him and started screaming at him and telling him to get out of there before they called the cops.

·
Registered
894 Posts
why would you spool up faster w/ a tmic? I already have an aps tmic, so if I decide to go w/ a bigger turbo I am already set

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
1FSTSTI said:
why would you spool up faster w/ a tmic? I already have an aps tmic, so if I decide to go w/ a bigger turbo I am already set
Because the TMIC sits directly above the turbo. There is practically no piping.
If you ever look under the hood of a STi with a FMIC it looks like a snake orgy. Much more piping for it to go through.

"Get these muthaf-in' snakes out my muthaf-in' engine bay!! :cool:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just dont go too big..from my understanding, too big and u wont get a efficient cooling of the air going into the manifold..If u can wrap ur turbo and downpipe.. keep things a bit cooler..

·
The Hoff Fan Club, member #001
9,936 Posts
my feeling is if you upgrade the turbo with a 20g size of bigger you should go fmic unless your running meth

1 - 19 of 19 Posts