IW STi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's time to post some pictures. Got Yasuke last month, broke the mileage barrier and have installed a few parts already. Will list them below. Hope to inspire some as a lot of you have inspired my subie adventure.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So below is my current build so far. The first list is what I've either had installed or came from the factory and the second list is open for debate. I think for me to get this car to 400-500WHP, I need to work on reliability and suspension, and I'd like to drive at least 25k miles with some warranty before I start playing with power! Thoughts?

Parts I Have

• No tune (Not needed yet)
  • Perrin Front/Rear Red Tow Hooks
  • RallyAmour Red Mud Flaps
  • Stitch Boots Black Marble Shift Boot (shipped)
  • Rising Sun Stars Front License Plate Delete (shipped)
  • Grimmspeed Red Fender Shrouds Cover
  • Grimmspeed Red Alternator Cover
  • Grimmspeed Red Boost Solenoid Cover
  • Grimmspeed Red Radiator Cover
  • Grimmspeed Red Post MAF Hose Kit
  • Grimmspeed Red Top Mount Intercooler Hose Kit
  • Grimmspeed Pitch Stop Mount
  • Cobb Short Throw Shifter w/ Front/Rear Cobb Bushings
  • Aftermarket JDM Shift Knob
  • Relocated USB port for Apple/Android Auto

Parts I Want

• Borla S-Type Cat Back Exhaust
  • Cobb Accessport (After 25k Miles)
  • Vent V2 Accessport Dock Mount
  • Grimmspeed Turbo Heatshield
  • IAG Air Oil Separator (AOS) Street Edition
  • Front & Rear Sway Bar
  • Weather Tech FloorLiner for Front/Rear
  • Cylinder 4 Cooling Mod
  • Radiator (Mishimoto?)
  • Air/Fuel Gauge (AEM?)
  • Oil Pressure Gauge (AEM?)
  • Coolant Temp Gauge (AEM?)
  • Oil Pump Pickup
  • Gauge Pod Trim
  • 18x8.5 +55 enkei nt03+m w/ Michelin pilot sport 4s (good set of cheap good looking wheels and tires)
  • Fortune Auto 500 Series? Coilovers
  • Front strut bar
  • Sway bar end links / front
  • Aftermarket control arms
Any other ideas, let me know.

·
Registered
776 Posts
nice.

you have the ? on fortune auto coils. i have cygnus performance x1 coils (made by fortune), and they are essentially upgraded 500s. they are absolutely outstanding. i suggest them to anyone and everyone lol. i havent even fully dialed them in on track yet and they easily outperformed my tein flex setup and my flatout suspension setup (yes, i'm on my 3rd set of coilovers lol).

for the gauges, aem would work well, i personally have defi gauges but you really cant go wrong with either.

for the radiator, i always suggest koyo or csf (non oil cooer model), as they are both more efficent than the mishimoto. i run the csf.

as far as other ideas, do you plan on tracking the car? if so see what is legal in the class you want to run in, if not, no worries. for 4-500 i'm assuming you want to run e85?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice.

you have the ? on fortune auto coils. i have cygnus performance x1 coils (made by fortune), and they are essentially upgraded 500s. they are absolutely outstanding. i suggest them to anyone and everyone lol. i havent even fully dialed them in on track yet and they easily outperformed my tein flex setup and my flatout suspension setup (yes, i'm on my 3rd set of coilovers lol).

for the gauges, aem would work well, i personally have defi gauges but you really cant go wrong with either.

for the radiator, i always suggest koyo or csf (non oil cooer model), as they are both more efficent than the mishimoto. i run the csf.

as far as other ideas, do you plan on tracking the car? if so see what is legal in the class you want to run in, if not, no worries. for 4-500 i'm assuming you want to run e85?
Thanks man,

Heard fortune auto were the best and glad you've confirmed, I kept reading on either doing the yellow springs that drop the car a bit on stock suspension but I'd prefer to adjust. 3rd set, you must be tracking. no tracking here tho.

Good info on the radiator as well, I'm stuck deciding what I want to order next.

As for fuel, I'd like to go with the Cobb flex fuel package, that way I can dyno and do pulls with e85!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Thanks man,

Heard fortune auto were the best and glad you've confirmed, I kept reading on either doing the yellow springs that drop the car a bit on stock suspension but I'd prefer to adjust. 3rd set, you must be tracking. no tracking here tho.

Good info on the radiator as well, I'm stuck deciding what I want to order next.

As for fuel, I'd like to go with the Cobb flex fuel package, that way I can dyno and do pulls with e85!
well....i wouldnt call fortune anywhere near the best. but if you want the best. expect to spend over 10k on a set of coilovers lol. in reality probably more. but yeah contact geoff at cygnus performance. he can hook you up, build them to your specs and custom valve them so you'll have a super smooth ride, as well as having the 5 year warranty fortune offers.

and yes i track the car. although the teins were only driven hard on the street. if you arent tracking the mishi radiator will be fine...honestly its fine either way but i'd still suggest koyo or csf for just a tad more money.

and yeah flex fuel is the best lol. honestly i wish i had gone e85 instead of big turbo, i'd have been in a lower racing class haha. oh well. live and learn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts