IW STi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Let me re eliterate CHEAPER is the word. but yea its like 25-28k for used 2018 now. compared to when I got it.
Wow, that's crazy cheap. They're still going for next to new STI money here. Heck - when I traded my 2018 limited/lip in last year, I actually got more than I paid for it because of the awesome deal I got. I literally got paid about $700 to put 7k miles on a new car.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I bought my 2019 STI (base with the Recaro package) for ~$37k with 1.9% Subaru financing. They had a used 2018 STI (base) with ~10k miles for $36k. It was a no brainer for me to buy new.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Let me re eliterate CHEAPER is the word. but yea its like 25-28k for used 2018 now. compared to when I got it.
Are you talking WRX or STIs? I've yet to see an STI go for those used prices. It's also what Leemanfor and RussellX stated.
depends on the area too

in Colorado, no STi is cheap. Even busted ass GD's are going for 15k+ and people buy them.
in northwest people pay 15k-20k for salvage GD/GR
I bought my 2019 STI (base with the Recaro package) for ~$37k with 1.9% Subaru financing. They had a used 2018 STI (base) with ~10k miles for $36k. It was a no brainer for me to buy new.
This is a crazy good deal. Everything lined up great, nice!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I got my 18 STI base, no options at all in October 2017 for a bit over 33 is what the paperwork says. I think it was a pretty good deal considering I was good with leasing it at sticker which was 36955.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
the new foglight cover, not sure if U.S. will get the light bezel, but these are already avaibale to buy on japanparts

·
Registered
264 Posts
the new foglight cover, not sure if U.S. will get the light bezel, but these are already avaibale to buy on japanparts
I selfishly hope that we don't get these in the U.S. since I just ordered them 2 weeks ago from JapanParts. They're not particularly cheap.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Image Link
I selfishly hope that we don't get these in the U.S. since I just ordered them 2 weeks ago from JapanParts. They're not particularly cheap.
I'm interested in these but without the light bezel.

·
Registered
109 Posts
FYI, for those waiting on info for the 2020 - There is a big meeting in Vegas next week, with all of the Subaru dealer GMs in attendance. They're speculating that info on the 2020 STi, and possibly the S209 will be announced (or at least given to dealers), just about 2 weeks before Boxerfest.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
That was my order they posted on their website, it will arrive in a few days. Can’t wait....hopefully no delays at USPS LAX customs...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I still wonder if 2020 really is the final year for this generation due to this small refresh. I feel like Subaru did this light refresh to be able to still sell it as a 2021 model year, I see no point in a refresh for only 12 months, unless they're pulling a Mazda

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I still wonder if 2020 really is the final year for this generation due to this small refresh. I feel like Subaru did this light refresh to be able to still sell it as a 2021 model year, I see no point in a refresh for only 12 months, unless they're pulling a Mazda

subaru been doing small changes every year from 2015 to 2020... its normal and yes 2020 will be the final year for EJ257 Motor and VA Chassis, i actually thought 2019 would be the final...

·
Registered
109 Posts
When do you think the new sti will debut, January?

We COULD see it as early as October, at the Tokyo Motorshow, assuming Subaru doesn't skip a year, or anything like that. Likely not in US production guise, of course - we'll likely wait until April for that, which is when we finally discover if the next STi is going to be on a global engine.

·
Registered
109 Posts
RussellX can you confirm 2020 is the last year with a link?

They could release s209 parts on the STI's and peeps would buy them up for 2021.
Subaru hasn't confirmed a thing, but the S209 is almost certainly our swan song. Subaru knows that they're losing sales at this point, while people wait for a new platform - while it's definitely possible that they will carry it over another year, I think it's more likely that they skip a model year.

Though... I wouldn't ignore the possibility of the new platform coming for the 2022 model year, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the WRX. Just a thought!

Crazy, if you think about it - the Impreza global platform is now 4 model years old, which means that the global platform will be at least 5 model years old before we see the new STI release... This generation STI only came out 3 model years after the last-gen Impreza.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Subaru hasn't confirmed a thing, but the S209 is almost certainly our swan song. Subaru knows that they're losing sales at this point, while people wait for a new platform - while it's definitely possible that they will carry it over another year, I think it's more likely that they skip a model year.

Though... I wouldn't ignore the possibility of the new platform coming for the 2022 model year, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the WRX. Just a thought!

Crazy, if you think about it - the Impreza global platform is now 4 model years old, which means that the global platform will be at least 5 model years old before we see the new STI release... This generation STI only came out 3 model years after the last-gen Impreza.
This makes me curious as if the new sti will be based off a new impreza or not, because impreza life cycles are only 5 years, and also, I wonder if it will be released in the summer next year like this gen or if it will be moved to the fall like every new Subaru has been including the forester legacy and outback

·
Registered
109 Posts
This makes me curious as if the new sti will be based off a new impreza or not, because impreza life cycles are only 5 years, and also, I wonder if it will be released in the summer next year like this gen or if it will be moved to the fall like every new Subaru has been including the forester legacy and outback

I’d love for the WRX to have its own dedicated body from the ground up, akin to how VW does the MQB platform. I don’t think it’s likely, but that would be pretty fantastic!

41 - 60 of 134 Posts