IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
- New Series.white (ceramic white) edition limited to 250 Stis
I'm curious if there'll truly be a Series White.. TorqueNews is the only source that I've seen publish this info. I was honestly expecting a "Final Edition" model to send off the EJ engine like other countries have been doing.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm curious if there'll truly be a Series White.. TorqueNews is the only source that I've seen publish this info. I was honestly expecting a "Final Edition" model to send off the EJ engine like other countries have been doing.
that whole Final edition thing was kinda dumb, the next Gen STi will be back on market at the end of next year and wrx is still currently for sale in those countries. its not like they discontinued the model like Mitsubishi did with Evo.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Subaru will only install a race proven engine into the STI.

Their biggest racing program right now is the 24 hour nurburgring challenge. And yes it still uses EJ20 engine. Old but gold I guess.

So I think the next generation STI may still use EJ engine.

·
Registered
499 Posts
My 2016 crystal white pearl looks cermaic to me, it is a different shade of white as compared to the 18s up. They appear brighter than then the 16 white as a different shade. The 16 white looks matte or more cream based.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Forgive me to being new to STI but couldn't Subaru add in a launch control & no lift shift similar to Chevy Cobalt SSTC? IMO the shift speed and loss of boost is too rough for STI.

Is the short gearing needed? The SSTC could do 110km in 2nd gear and it was great.

Drop 50-100lbs of weight.

350hp.

Profit.

·
Registered
935 Posts
The LNF cobalts have a 3.82 FD 5 speed, and the STi 6 speed is 3.90 FD. The transmission is much more stout, but Subaru does not care about drag racing.

Subaru could put Launch control and NLS like the SS but AWD launches are a different beast compared to the LNF. the LC was useless in the Cobalt, even at stock power, because it would wheelspin so bad.

I found it much better for ETs to just feather the throttle.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I can confirm Ceramic White is coming. The dealers in Canada got the news on Thu morning.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I can confirm Ceramic White is coming. The dealers in Canada got the news on Thu morning.
What else can you confirm?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Image Link

I don't like this color scheme...should stick to dark gray or black...even a gold wheel would probably look better
yeah looks like toyota corolla rims lmao ... loving the dark grey rims on my 2017 DGM sti .. perfect match (though I would prefer hyperblu black BBS rims) would probably look more dope

·
Registered
8 Posts
2018's are so cheap now used.. but again.. so hard to get a non beat up/tuned used Sti's pretty much 2018-2020 models are the enhanced models of the VA chasis and probably the end of the EJ era.

·
Registered
109 Posts
2018's are so cheap now used.. but again.. so hard to get a non beat up/tuned used Sti's pretty much 2018-2020 models are the enhanced models of the VA chasis and probably the end of the EJ era.
Mine will be the car for someone who wants an unmolested low mile perfect example of an 18. In 18 months when my lease is up it will have less than 20k miles and the only mod is nameless muffler delete and window tint.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Mine will be the car for someone who wants an unmolested low mile perfect example of an 18. In 18 months when my lease is up it will have less than 20k miles and the only mod is nameless muffler delete and window tint.

MY19 will be the same. Installed a Cobb titanium catback and it's my only mod i plan to do. I have had it for 3 months and only 820 miles and haven't revved it past 4500 rpms. I already got my first oil change done at the dealer last week.

21 - 40 of 134 Posts