IW STi Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2020 WRX STI, Magnetite grey,
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
very nice. honestly i kinda wish i had stayed stock turbo to be in a lower class when racing. ive had mine for 8 years at this point. built motor, 20g turbo (for the moment), last dyno was 377whp/401wtq (probably about 10 less from pulling timing at this point)

if you plan on enjoying under warranty keep in mind you wont void that with some coilovers and suspension mods/wheels and tires, and you can make the car look very nice and handle alot better. all your call though. same with cosmetics.
I bet that runs strong. Did you do all the work yourself or did you pay a shop labor for all those modifications?

Yeah I’m very happy with the cosmetics, wheels/tires, and suspension the way it comes from the factory. Window tint @ 50% will be the only change.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I bet that runs strong. Did you do all the work yourself or did you pay a shop labor for all those modifications?

Yeah I’m very happy with the cosmetics, wheels/tires, and suspension the way it comes from the factory. Window tint @ 50% will be the only change.
it does run strong. i do local trackcross events (think road course but not using the back straight and using an autocross timer) and i do autocross locally. i'm very outclassed because of the turbo, and part of me wishes i would have stayed stock turbo. I typically land middle of the pack in SM locally for autocross, and for trackcross i'm in a competeion class. so my opponets have gutted cars with cages and 500+whp seems to be the average. they also run r comp tires. meanwhile i'm in a full street car, the turbo put me in comp class, and people are in street class with bolt on gtr's making more power than me lol. oh well. i got into racing after doing the turbo so i didnt really think about class rules. i'd like to get into time attack, specifically nasa tt is local to me. but i need more hpde days to qualify for that. it's a blast for the street though.

i did a good amount myself. IAG did the engine, and the rest of the car was a combo of myself and mach v motorsports aka fastwrx dot com. I used to work for mach v and would work on the car with the techs there, sometimes i'd do it all myself, sometimes i'd pay one of the techs, sometimes it would be half and half, regardless they do awesome work and at this point in my life i just let them do it about 95% of the time. i may do more when i get a house with a garage. as for tuning one of my best friends has been tuning it for the past 8 years. he is the owner/operator of speedytuned. typically works out of va/westva/md area.

and hey if you are happy with the cosmetics that's awesome. for mine i had to run wheel spacers and a wider tire, but i love the oem wheels. the spacers really made them sit just perfect. i did add a front lip and will be doing a chassis mounted splitter at some point, but that's also function. i think the splitters just look wonderful and they arent too wild for me. so subtle but functional is where i'm headed for most of it (will likely run a big chassis mounted rear wing Similar to the kognition one at some point).

·
Registered
706 Posts
that's a super interesting design with the holes in it.....i wonder if it effects the stiffness. athough based on how the holes are cut, and the rest being solid i wouldnt imagine it would have any negative effect.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
They said the hol
that's a super interesting design with the holes in it.....i wonder if it effects the stiffness. athough based on how the holes are cut, and the rest being solid i wouldnt imagine it would have any negative effect.
Yeah it is a solid piece of aluminum and they say the holes do not affect the rigidity. I think it looks cool, but my concern is I hope it clears the TMIC even under wot engine rock. The seller has free returns worst case.

It was supposed to be in my hands on Wednesday, but the snow storm in Texas has delayed the shipment. ;(.

·
Registered
706 Posts
They said the hol

Yeah it is a solid piece of aluminum and they say the holes do not affect the rigidity. I think it looks cool, but my concern is I hope it clears the TMIC even under wot engine rock. The seller has free returns worst case.

It was supposed to be in my hands on Wednesday, but the snow storm in Texas has delayed the shipment. ;(.
I hear ya. i cant find anything that'll clear my big spearco tmic. granted my chassis is a GD so there's a little less room. that's a pretty cool looking piece really. i dig it. be sure to post pics installed when you get it.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
I am taking delivery of my new 2021 STI Limited in 9 days. I plan on a 1,000 mile break-in then perform 1st oil change. But it will take me atleast 1 month to rack up 1,000 miles.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I am taking delivery of my new 2021 STI Limited in 9 days. I plan on a 1,000 mile break-in then perform 1st oil change. But it will take me atleast 1 month to rack up 1,000 miles.
Yeah putting miles on these things is the easy part. I’m paying $3.72 for 93 premium though...:(.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
More STI mods pushed back a tad. Had to grab this mint vintage piece! Fully restored Husqvarna 390 CR two stroke motocross bike. Factory Ohlins Shocks. It is full on beast mode! ;).

21 - 38 of 38 Posts