IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a noise present when accelerating, while shifting around 4k rpm's when I press the clutch down to shift up to the next gear the engine makes a buzzing noise before the rpm's drop. (The easiest way i can describe this is it sounds like when you leave your foot on the gas and press the clutch and you get that quick rev.)

Im wondering if it is just the BPV releasing pressure, but it sounds more like a rev blurp than a psssh. I am coming from a 2010 WRX, and i never heard that sound in that car. Could be totally normal so I thought id ask.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My BPV sounds more like a small "hoot" from an owl, but I'll pay closer attention when I drive home tonight... also have an MY19

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to pick up my plates today and had the service guy go for a ride with me. He said he didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. Upon further listening, it only makes the sound when you push the clutch in to shift while in boost, which further leads me to believe it is the bpv releasing pressure. He did say the made the newer cars give off a bit more noise from the engine ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

·
Registered
514 Posts
Newer cars run a bit more boost so that may be the reason. Also I don't believe the new ones have the sound tube though so that may have an effect as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts