IW STi Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 19 sti only has 10k miles on it and I’m getting 2nd gear grind from the 1-2 upshift. Never happens on a downshift. After I let the tranny warm up for a bit it’s better but 2nd is still way more notchy and rough than all the others. When the grind happens it’s usually towards the end of the throw. Took it to the dealer all I got was that they couldn’t replicate. I had the tranny flushed at 7k because I hated the way oem fluid shifted. Any advice?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trade it in before it’s too late. I’m still fighting subaru 2 years later over my bad transmission.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I have this same issue on my 2019 STI. Bought the car brand new last October. Ever since it got cold here in Michigan during WOT shifting from 1st to 2nd gear I am noticing a grind. two weeks ago I had a full trannsmission flush using Motul 300 75W90 & the 2nd gear grind still occurs during WOT shifting into 2nd when cold. I am currently at 8,000 miles car is stock except for a bolt-on catback exhaust.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have 15 STi, Bought used 30k Km.
No history was found when purchased so I decided to do full tranny flush.
OE Short Throw installed and Gear 3 was not happy (before and after short throw) with factory oil (assuming factory tranny oil)
went with motul becuase all the hype 75W90.
Gave time with motul and still Gear 3 not happy and grinds.

So went back and Got redline tranny oil.
They have two different oil.
75W90NS for your Six speed Tranny
75W90 for your Rear diff.

Night and day. So smooth.
I am happy.

(Also Redline is easier to buy than motul in Alberta.)

Hope this helps.

(Also, I press clutch Almost all the way. like 95percent)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts