IW STi Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Update to this? My car def has it between 4K-3k while in gear decelerating. Mine is a 18 sti by the way. Sound is like something rattling or loose almost but diminishes when it goes back under 3k Rpms

I am sorry for the delay on update. I took my car back to the dealer I purchased from.
They brought in senior technician but couldn't locate the source of the sound. They thought it could be coming from the transmission in 3rd gear but it is reproduced in every other gears between 3k-5k decelerating.
I mainly took it in for the record on Subaru system.

Please let us know when you are able to locate the source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
858 Posts
After putting over 1,300 miles on my 2018 STI, I can say that I am not hearing anything out of the ordinary when engine braking. Mind you, I came from a 2013 STI with aftermarket engine/transmission mounts and shifter bushings so I am used to noises. My 2018 is quiet in comparison. My car sounds like a normal STI engine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this is an old thread but i have a 2019 sti that has started with a similar rattling noise at 2k-3k rpm. Did you ever figure out what the problem was? I've seen a few vids where the oil pickup was broken but no for sure answer. I do have a appt. with the dealer but i know damn well this noise is not normal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I just picked up a 2018 STI RA from Ohio last weekend( live in NY) with 20k miles. Today I noticed the same exact sound from the posted video. The noise comes on around 3800rpms to 3200rpms when engine braking. It happens in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear. Any insight would be great!!

21 - 25 of 25 Posts