IW STi Forum banner

261 - 266 of 266 Posts

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
wondering if anyone has taken delivery and compared the regular STI seats to the Recaro option...my buddy at my dealership said recaros don't seem to be much of an upgrade over standard seats, kind of looks like they took the standard seats and slapped a Recaro logo on them. Would like to get some feedback from someone who has driven around with the recaros a bit.

·
Registered
32 Posts
wondering if anyone has taken delivery and compared the regular STI seats to the Recaro option...my buddy at my dealership said recaros don't seem to be much of an upgrade over standard seats, kind of looks like they took the standard seats and slapped a Recaro logo on them. Would like to get some feedback from someone who has driven around with the recaros a bit.
A friend of mine has them and for the life of me I can't actually tell the difference having sat in both.

·
Registered
22 Posts
A friend of mine has them and for the life of me I can't actually tell the difference having sat in both.
I ordered my 2018 without them. If they were bundled with the HK stereo versus the keyless entry/start, I might have reconsidered. Regardless, $2000 for an upper back seat being the only difference...no thank you. To get the Recaro seat in the STi is like buying a Ralph Loren polo shirt just for the little man riding the horse logo in comparison to an logo-free Eddie Bauer shirt which is just as good as a shirt.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Same when I went to the Subaru dealership and tried both back-to-back. After doing much more research, I've abandoned my purchase of the 2018 STI and put a deposit down on a 2018 Golf-R...less money than a sport tech STI, much more integrated technology, faster and more tuning potential. Sad to leave the Subie world behind but looking forward to taking delivery of my new car next spring.

·
Registered
623 Posts
The seats are 50% different. The lower portion that you sit on is the same, but the back/upper is entirely different. They did not just put on a logo. Look at the upper, the design is different in every way.

I have the Recaros. I like them, but it's not life changing.

261 - 266 of 266 Posts