IW STi Forum banner

241 - 260 of 266 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,513 Posts
No. No, no... A couple of us were relating to something else. Deal with it or cry somewhere else. Yes, we can compare to other cars outside of the price range in a free market. Just because it is cheap does not mean you're getting more than a good transmission and plastic interior. Additionally, plenty of people pay well over that damn $35k mark for these cars from the dealer. You can spend more and get more for your money.

FYI, I didn't take the thread off topic. ;)

Your reading comprehension is that of a 1st grader; proven time and time again. You cans LOL and FACT all you want on this. And stop bench racing... nobody cares about those stats. Yes, accept it. We got it, you suck the sack of the STi. So hard most of us don't even read what you post anymore (I skimmed your dribble).

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
No. No, no... A couple of us were relating to something else. Deal with it or cry somewhere else. Yes, we can compare to other cars outside of the price range in a free market. Just because it is cheap does not mean you're getting more than a good transmission and plastic interior. Additionally, plenty of people pay well over that damn $35k mark for these cars from the dealer. You can spend more and get more for your money.

FYI, I didn't take the thread off topic. ;)

Your reading comprehension is that of a 1st grader; proven time and time again. You cans LOL and FACT all you want on this. And stop bench racing... nobody cares about those stats. Yes, accept it. We got it, you suck the sack of the STi. So hard most of us don't even read what you post anymore (I skimmed your dribble).
Nice try....but a couple of us were talking about reasons why subaru hasnt increased horsepower, not whether there are $50,000 ++ cars available that are nicer and have similar performance. You are simply wrong. Again this is a common pattern on here, we will be talking about there not being other cars for $35,000 or less with 4 doors, a turbo 4 and full time all wheel drive that can do 0-60 in 4.6, 1/4 mile in 13.0' s at 105 and top 160 MPH except the evo, and then all the trolls will come in calling us fanbois, and then suddenly post pictuers of $50,000 dollar Mercedes and BMW's LOL....its so old now and we can see right through it. Trying to deflect of topic and from the fact we are discussing isnt working anymore. Get back to tuning some cars or something.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I put in my order Clayton at Ramsey Subaru in NJ. Pure Red 2018 STI Limited w/ Wing. It will be great to get back into the family.

·
pwn n00bs
18,230 Posts
Ordering my 2018 tomorrow.:cool:

Plan on going with a black base model with option package #3 (Recaros + keyless/push start) and
auto dimming mirror, cargo tray, all weather mats, sti cf trunk trim, side sill plates, and vortex generator!

bought time to get back in this game!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Configurator is live and 2018 details are everywhere in the Subaru website (although I still see 2017 on iOS).

Confirmed, still have planetary gear center differential. It's just electronically controlled now, not mech/electromagnetic.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
STI lost 2MPG for the highway supposedly.

Not a big deal, but I find that interesting. Especially after so many people kept claiming that the electronic drivetrain changes would increase efficiency and fuel economy.

·
Registered
725 Posts
STI lost 2MPG for the highway supposedly.

Not a big deal, but I find that interesting. Especially after so many people kept claiming that the electronic drivetrain changes would increase efficiency and fuel economy.
Where did you see that? Does that mean it's subject to the gas guzzler tax now? lol

It must have been the added unsprung weight of the 19" wheels :lol:

Edit: Nvm, I didn't realize Subaru's website was updated. Looks like a 1mpg drop from 23 to 22mpg. Maybe it's just a more realistic estimate? I rarely ever see 23 mpg on highway trips.

·
pwn n00bs
18,230 Posts
Ya, that's why I ask, my confirmation says end of august and I would like it to get pushed to July, but haven't gotten any e-mail yet :(

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
So... Type RA makes an "estimated" 310 HP with the following updates
* STI cold air intake
* High flow exhaust
* Retuned ECU
* Stronger pistons (forged?)

Sounds like a whole lot of things for mere 5 HP, kind of like what they did to BRZ refresh.
I was thinking 315 HP because older JDM Spec C / Type RA's had 320 BHP (which translates into 315 HP) - but Subaru managed to undercut even my conservative estimation.

Should be lighter with CF roof but not sure how much exactly.

More stuff here (http://jalopnik.com/heres-everything-you-need-to-know-about-the-2018-subaru-1795936678)

241 - 260 of 266 Posts