IW STi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it happened...I curbed one of my wheels already. Anyone happen to know the paint code/color for these wheels or something that will match closely? I read that the regular Subaru Dark Grey Metallic (code 61k) is a pretty close match the 2015-2017 base wheels, which I believe are the same color as the 19's on the 2018. Can anyone confirm? This is really stressing me out lol Thanks!

·
Registered
669 Posts
Just get the DGM touch up paint and use that.....you'll never notice the difference unless you are really trying to find one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It happened to me too today :( was only paint scratch fortunately in a small area

I got a generic dgm touch up paint and clear coat and result is acceptable.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
I have a 2012 sti with gun metal enkei wheels (very similar to your wheel colour if not exactly the same). It was a chore and a half when I was looking for colours to match. Then I just brought my wheel to the body shop where they had a colour spectrometer. They mixed up an exact match in a little bottle and I cannot see the scratch at all. Cost me nothing except the box of donuts I brought the shop to say thanks for the help. :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I did the same thing just over a month ago. It drives me nuts every time I see it... what did you end up doing with your wheel? How did it turn out? Thanks!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered some DGM touchup paint off of Ebay. It's not perfect but its good enough

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi. Based on this thread, Im about to order some DGM paint for a small rash spot on my 19s. Just wondering , since this was posted, if anyone knows of a closer match or the concensus the DGM is good enough? Thanks!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hi. Based on this thread, Im about to order some DGM paint for a small rash spot on my 19s. Just wondering , since this was posted, if anyone knows of a closer match or the concensus the DGM is good enough? Thanks!
I will confirm that 61c DGM is a damn near perfect match on my 18. And I'm totally ocd about the car. It looks rough because I haven't sanded it yet, just got color on it to cover the scuffs

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for the replies, was very helpful!

I saw a post somewhere that also suggested Toyota 1G3 was very close, so I ordered both just to be safe.

In person, it seems that the 1G3 was a closer match, so I ended up using that.

Here are some pics attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thank you for the replies, was very helpful!

I saw a post somewhere that also suggested Toyota 1G3 was very close, so I ordered both just to be safe.

In person, it seems that the 1G3 was a closer match, so I ended up using that.

Here are some pics attached.
Interesting that your wheels look darker gray than mine. I never saw anything about the Toyota color, could have walked to our parts department and got that.. But happy it worked for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts