IW STi Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m way past the age that aftermarket equipment appeals to but I would like something better then the factory system

I guess you can not get the HK premium system on the 2018 STI but you can add the Kicker components from the dealer accessories section.

BUT you can not do that if you select the Recaro Seat / Push Button Start Package.

I have no idea of what one has to do with the other so if anyone has info on this please explain it to me.

Thanks

·
Registered
407 Posts
Choose the kicker.
Just upgrade aftermarket seats by yourself. They are much lighter, cheaper.
Push button start is kind of useless. Regular key is the better way. It feels better.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'll take a stab here. The 2018 sti base only has one option package (package 3) which is power recaros and keyless. The 2018 sti limited has the above plus, leather, harmon kardon and a moonroof. They also got rid of the bbs wheels on the limited model in 2018. Long way of saying that if you could get the upgraded speakers in the base model, no one would buy the limited since they're too similar now. Just a guess... Seems silly to me too.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Choose the kicker.
Just upgrade aftermarket seats by yourself. They are much lighter, cheaper.
Push button start is kind of useless. Regular key is the better way. It feels better.
I beyond the aftermarket thing, I did that to cars before most of you were born.

I just want a peppy rally styled car to drive around town.

Blue Tooth and Smart Keys (no key needed to open the door, trunk or start the car) is the way to go

I never have to get my phone or my keys out of my pocket to drive which very convenient

·
Registered
407 Posts
I beyond the aftermarket thing, I did that to cars before most of you were born.

I just want a peppy rally styled car to drive around town.

Blue Tooth and Smart Keys (no key needed to open the door, trunk or start the car) is the way to go

I never have to get my phone or my keys out of my pocket to drive which very convenient
That's great. There's no correct answer here.
My car is bone stock except an oil cooler and two bucket seats.
Stock seats are terrible on track since I felt like I was flying around.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I ordered the Limited STI for the better sound system. One nice thing about this generation base STI is that the kicker sub has a limiter option. On my 2013 STI, it was way too much base for the stock system; but then again I just got a louder exhaust and called it a day :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Get limited sti, since base sti with these options is close price to limited
I don't know what you mean by "close" but to me $4k isn't close and that is the difference between the 2 after you add the Recaro package to the base model.

I also HATE a sunroof and zero interest in the nav system and all of the sensing upgrades that the limited comes with

That's great. There's no correct answer here.
My car is bone stock except an oil cooler and two bucket seats.
Stock seats are terrible on track since I felt like I was flying around.

I'm not looking for a correct answer, I'm just tying to figure out why Subaru won't let you add the Kicker Speaker components once you have added the Recaro Seat Package.

I don't want to sound ungrateful but one of the biggest issues with forum interaction is that members love to offer solutions and advice that outside the scope of the original post.

I asked "why can't I add the Kicker Speakers to a 2018 STI with the Racaro Seat Packaged" and you advice me to get the speakers and go for after market seats :eek2:

I'm surprised a bunch of members have told me to hold off on this car an get the new 2020.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Is the kicker upgrade worth it?
I have a base 15' and the stereo is crap. Not to hijack the thread but wondering if it's improved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Is the kicker upgrade worth it?
I have a base 15' and the stereo is crap. Not to hijack the thread but wondering if it's improved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No perceived hijack on my part, I'm kind of wondering if the Kickers at worth it too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a base 2018 STI. I did not go for the limited because I thought the nav was crap and would probably end up upgrading the head unit down the road. Also, didn't care for the moonroof and the reduction in head room. But, the speakers suck so bad... I upgraded the tweeters and door speakers with the Kicker speakers plug and play. Ordered them from subaru parts and did it myself. I'd say it is a definite upgrade from the stock speakers. Much clearer. If you even just replace the tweeters first you notice a difference. Still severely lacking bass so i ended up putting in a kicker hideaway sub under my seat which ultimately made the whole thing tolerable.

I was coming from an premium plus s4 with bang olufsen system and i couldn't tolerate how bad the stock base speaker system was, so that was the first thing I did...

Ultimately the HU is underpowered. Changing that or having an amp would make it much better, even with the stock speakers.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts