IW STi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2017 STI Base
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, pardon my ignorance or lack of proper post placement. Car is completely stock aside from Group N transmission mount, shifter bushings, and rear diff carrier bushings. My AP is currently installed only as a monitor, using the Stage 0 v400 Cobb OTS tune.

I'm just looking for some feedback or thoughts on the FKL that I'm reading at any throttle above ~50%, consistent for 5 days now. I'd like to rule out bad fuel, as I always fill up at the same Shell station and have never had any issues before. I'm just puzzled. I can attach datalogs if necessary. Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
2017 STi -Catless DP,Intake, AEM wb,FP, E85-self tuned with accesstuner race
11 Posts
Hello all, pardon my ignorance or lack of proper post placement. Car is completely stock aside from Group N transmission mount, shifter bushings, and rear diff carrier bushings. My AP is currently installed only as a monitor, using the Stage 0 v400 Cobb OTS tune.

I'm just looking for some feedback or thoughts on the FKL that I'm reading at any throttle above ~50%, consistent for 5 days now. I'd like to rule out bad fuel, as I always fill up at the same Shell station and have never had any issues before. I'm just puzzled. I can attach datalogs if necessary. Thanks for any input.
Is it just as it transitions from vac to boost, or during boost? Right at tip in or after throttle is applied? Ac on/off or both?

watch feedback knock at tip in/ wot and see what rpm it does it at and if it stops right away or carries until you let out

post a log . I really like datazap for logs

·
Registered
8 Posts

Fkl of 1.4 is normal if your car is kncking @1.4 but decreasing its learning the knock event away that means the closed loop system is doing its job as long as your not getting anything more then 2.80 witch is still no cause of concern per Subaru and Cobb your over reacting dont go messing with Anything thats when you'll get issues

·
Registered
2017 STI Base
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is it just as it transitions from vac to boost, or during boost? Right at tip in or after throttle is applied? Ac on/off or both?

watch feedback knock at tip in/ wot and see what rpm it does it at and if it stops right away or carries until you let out

Sorry for the late reply, here are the logs. First is about half throttle 2nd to 5th gear, Second is WOT 2nd to 5th (as titled).

·
Registered
2017 STi -Catless DP,Intake, AEM wb,FP, E85-self tuned with accesstuner race
11 Posts
Hey. Didn't see anything worrying in those logs.
Your car wasn't knocking in those 2.

Fine knock learn is where the car has previously knocked at those load/rpm ranges. But if you look at feedback knock you will see that it was zero.

Plus like said above, 1.4 is nothing to worry about. Reset the ecu or wait for it to relearn on its own to get rid of what its learned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts