IW STi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

In the process of installing a full Cobb stage 3+ flex system in my MY17 STi (already have stage 2+ installed and tuned).

Emailed Cobb and as they no longer support this setup in the US, even though I am in Australia, I can no longer obtain the OTS map for the Stage 3+ flex kit that they once offered.

I am getting the car pro tuned but just need the original Stage 3+ Flex maps to be able to get the car started and drive it to the shop to get it tuned.

Has anyone still got these maps on their accessport?

Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
You do realize if you tune through cobb with their new updates you will have a check engine light if you run flex right?

it would probably be better going open source at this point

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. If the car is still running all the factory sensors and PCV etc. why would the check engine light illuminate running flex? Is this a new feature they have put into Accesstuner for emissions?

Curious as this did not cross my mind.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Interesting. If the car is still running all the factory sensors and PCV etc. why would the check engine light illuminate running flex? Is this a new feature they have put into Accesstuner for emissions?

Curious as this did not cross my mind.
Because cobbs flex sensors run off the tgv motor sensors from what I understand. So regardless of if they are in the car or. Not, the car will think tgv deletes have been performed and will throw a code for them. That’s why flex isn’t supported anymore. Cobb is supposed to be making a fox for this at some point but no word on when

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply Jason.

I swear when I originally bought my AP there was a stage 3+ flex OTS map before I updated the firmware.. must have been seeing things.

As far as I know my local tuner here in AUS can still tune (not sure on how) but I will touch base and see if they can provide a base map.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts