IW STi Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I don't know where this rendering is from, but it looks in line with the new 2017 Impreza styling.

I would buy it and am waiting...*hint* bring back the hatch Subaru!

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Subaru said they won't make an STI hatch again, they said so in the 2015 STI press event at leguna seca and they went into great detail as to why. I can see an Impreza "sport" hatch which I think many would be very happy with given the improvements Subaru made to the chassis, being 70% stiffer and the 13 :01 steering ratio and the new tech and interior, the Impreza hatch will be a very nice car.

The Sedan STI's are going to be "next level" when they come to market and will be differentiated from the rest of the lineup as the performance flagship in sedan form only.

As it is if you want a hatch you can get the Outback, the Crosstrek and the Impreza. The Crosstrek and Impreza will certainly get some sport options to appeal to the performance minded. I think hatchbacks in the U.S are simply on the way out. I hardly ever see hatchbacks on the roads.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
subaru also said they are wanting to create a gap between the impreza and the WRX/STi lineups. Given they have just created a new global platform, that from the sounds of it will be used in both an outback or an impreza, I wouldnt be surprised if the WRX/STi has very distinct looks compared to the impreza.

·
Registered
10 Posts
sure would be nice to make a car that doesn't look like everything else on the street. the GD chassis is still the icon! I get really sick of having a car that people say is a corolla or whatever.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I wouldn't expect any sort of major redesign like that only two years after the current design was brought to market. Maybe getting on SGP is a big thing for them, but I'd expect to see it in 2019/2020.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I wouldn't expect any sort of major redesign like that only two years after the current design was brought to market. Maybe getting on SGP is a big thing for them, but I'd expect to see it in 2019/2020.
True, but this doesn't appear be a major redesign. It looks like a similar transition when the 2006 Sti came out and that was only 2 years. It almost looks like a 2015 but with different lines and changes to the front and back. Nothing like the 2008 change.

·
Registered
50 Posts
True, but this doesn't appear be a major redesign. It looks like a similar transition when the 2006 Sti came out and that was only 2 years. It almost looks like a 2015 but with different lines and changes to the front and back. Nothing like the 2008 change.
The lower "render" is simply a color shifted version of the 2017 Impreza with some photoshop tweaks, this would imply the new platform.

Attachments

21 - 32 of 32 Posts