IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Found it over on nasioc. Based on the new 2017 imprezza concept. As for me, I would get that. :tup:

·
Registered
4,505 Posts
Subaru has always had a way of punching you in the face with their like it or don't mentality. Now they have designed one that looks like the fist that punches you in the face.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I actually quite like that a lot..but while Impreza will be refreshed in 2017 I don't know if WRX/STI will, as they were lagging 3 years for VA chassis refresh to Impreza refresh in 2012.

That said If that car comes out like that with FA engine, I'm trading my 06 in.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I like it but I would never buy it. I'm not a hatch kinda guy. On the other hand I hope Subaru makes it. Maybe a sedan and a hatch in production at the same time isn't financially feasible for them, but switching back and forth every few years might keep all the fans (sedan and hatch) around.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but switching back and forth every few years might keep all the fans (sedan and hatch) around.
You are on to something there my friend. I like that idea. Like you said, it may not be feasible or strategic for Subaru but to alternate every 5 years or so would be pretty cool for Sedan and Hatch fans.

Hatch fans who wish to trade up every 7-10 years, give or take, could upgrade. Same goes for sedans. And for people who just love STis no matter what and that like to trade up every 5 years could change it up and enjoy both styles. :lol:

·
Registered
669 Posts
We all know it's going to look nothing like this when a new body style does come out. WRX Concept from a couple years ago all over again....

·
Registered
74 Posts
I'm not a hatchback guy but all i can think of is that this reminds me of a newer Hyundai Elantra hatch... Don't hate me for that

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm with markweso on this. These renders aren't real cars we ever see. More like design targets. This one is missing engine side vents which seems a big departure and why it looks like a Mazda and a hyundai. Anyway I do like the BBS wheels. They are the most realistic part of the whole thing

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I'd be okay with either of those renders. Looks a lot better than what subaru has produced lately as a whole. Not a ton of faith in the future models, but if it looked like that and wasn't bloated to hell id buy one

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for remembering that it is only a photoshop of the current impreza concept shown at the auto show. In terms of opinions, for me, the 2nd red one seems like a car the Griswolds would drive. Too long.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts