IW STi Forum banner

241 - 247 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Please for love of god just give us a dual clutch trans on the next one!!! That is a must, get with the times Subaru.
I will build the engine to make more power. :crash:

·
Registered
452 Posts
Jesus:eek::eek::eek:
My sister picked up a loaded S3 in May for a hair under that (infotainment, black optics, sport package).

Since when does a Subaru command Audi prices?? If the suby got this new engine everyone wants to be hyped about I would say maybe. But the Audi is way more car once you step into the 40K ring. What happened to the $32-34K STi???

That's just Nucking Futs
A base STi can easily be had for 33

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Supposed to be a "facelift" only but no confirmation from subaru one way or the other, and the other unconfirmed info is that there will not be a complete redesign until 2020,

·
Registered
50 Posts
Supposed to be a "facelift" only but no confirmation from subaru one way or the other, and the other unconfirmed info is that there will not be a complete redesign until 2020,
On the back cover of the latest edition of Drive Performance, they say "Coming Soon: First look! Discover the design evolution of the adrenaline-inducing 2018 WRX." so it seems to point to at least some sort of design change. Likely a light facelift on the exterior and some interior refinements, like the leaked forecasts state.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
I second the Dual CLutch option for the STI in 2018, this car would be AMAZING with a dual clutch version of the 6 speed in it now.

I also think that a more powerful EJ or 2.5 version of the WRX engine for the STI will come sooner than 2020.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
On the back cover of the latest edition of Drive Performance, they say "Coming Soon: First look! Discover the design evolution of the adrenaline-inducing 2018 WRX." so it seems to point to at least some sort of design change. Likely a light facelift on the exterior and some interior refinements, like the leaked forecasts state.
I'd be amazed if it's anything more than cosmetic crap. At least there is a chance the new head unit could be in it that's in the MY17 Impreza.

I highly doubt we'll see any new STi changes, namely an all new motor. As always, hope I'm wrong though. I got the drive magazine and think if there were big changes with the STi motor it would have mentioned it with the WRX changes in Drive.

Sources say the pair of them will be at the Detroit motor show. I think it starts next week so we'll see. Otherwise it'll be NYIAS.

241 - 247 of 247 Posts