IW STi Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Yeah, I would totally be ok with a mid cycle hatch bombshell. But I don't know if it's ever going to happen, because the sales are so strong. And I could see an engine change before the body changes for STI, but like you said, the WRX and STI are bound by their own set of rules, so who knows.

If a hatch ever drops, I'm so on board though, my dog misses my hatch, I'm sure. :lol:

The only tricky part about assuming the WRX STI falls into the normal cycle of Subaru's upgrade plans is what happened with the 3rd Generation.

2008 - New WRX Sedan and hatch. New WRX STI hatch only
2009 - Again
2010 - Again (Following their regular 3-year sequence)
2011 - Facelifted WRX Sedan and Hatchback. Facelifted WRX STI Hatchback and return of Sedan.
2012 - Again
2013 - Again
2014 - Again?
2015 - New WRX Sedan. New WRX STI Sedan.

Which means the new models could see three possible outcomes... the first I think we can rule out.
1: New WRX and WRX STI are released alongside new Impreza ahead of 5-year cycle.
2: New WRX and WRX STI follow 5-year cycle and get released in 2020.
3: New WRX and WRX STI aren't bound by the traditional 5-year cycle everything else follows and gets update whenever the heck they want to... because the 3rd Gen didn't make sense either. lol

A new motor is inevitable in the WRX STI, as their Prominence 2020 plan calls for Direct Injection. A Hatchback is an enthusiast dream that other countries get to live out with CVT-equipped Levorgs that won't touch US soil. If Subaru brings it back, it would likely accompany plan #2, where Subaru uses it as part of the 2018 Facelift, much like the return of the WRX STI Sedan in 2011 (and the wide body for the WRX Sedan and Hatchback).

Still, with all the improvements the Global Platform brings to the 2017 Impreza... from a motorsports application, you'd want your teams to be utilizing this new technology and design as quickly as possible, right? However, I think the days of "Lets build a race car... and then turn it into an economy car" have since reversed.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Yeah, I would totally be ok with a mid cycle hatch bombshell. But I don't know if it's ever going to happen, because the sales are so strong. And I could see an engine change before the body changes for STI, but like you said, the WRX and STI are bound by their own set of rules, so who knows.

If a hatch ever drops, I'm so on board though, my dog misses my hatch, I'm sure. :lol:
There's always an outback available for the dog! Our dog L O V E S our outback..jumps right in back and rests his head between the back seat headrests.

On an unrelated note....do you have any info on the 201/2015 outback rear hatch doors sticking sometimes after pressing on the unlock pad to open it?? We press our key fob to unlock it, push on the rubber door button/pad to lift the latch the door will try to open then sticks??? Does that 60% of the time and the other times it opens normally?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Haha, we have an Outback too. : ) I haven't heard of that, but I'd definitely have it checked out. Should still be under warranty if it's a power gate. :tup:

There's always an outback available for the dog! Our dog L O V E S our outback..jumps right in back and rests his head between the back seat headrests.

On an unrelated note....do you have any info on the 201/2015 outback rear hatch doors sticking sometimes after pressing on the unlock pad to open it?? We press our key fob to unlock it, push on the rubber door button/pad to lift the latch the door will try to open then sticks??? Does that 60% of the time and the other times it opens normally?

·
Registered
617 Posts

A forum member said he just tried to change his 2016 base order to a 2016 limited and they dealer said no more 2016 orders but said he could order a 2017 TODAY - and that there are zero changes.

Can you confirm 2017 orders are being placed? From your post sounds like no if you don't even have the specs at the Heuberger yet.

Link to post http://www.iwsti.com/forums/sti-prices-rates-ordering-options-tracking-discussions/286705-placed-order-2016-red-sti.html

Thanks

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
We haven't heard anything from Subaru yet on 2017s.

Personally, I'm guessing they will add Starlink connected services, beyond that, I'm not sure. Subaru did close orders on 2016s this week with no warning, which was unusual. I was told by the new car manager, that we'll have some info on Monday, but no idea how much info yet. :crying:

A forum member said he just tried to change his 2016 base order to a 2016 limited and they dealer said no more 2016 orders but said he could order a 2017 TODAY - and that there are zero changes.

Can you confirm 2017 orders are being placed? From your post sounds like no if you don't even have the specs at the Heuberger yet.

Link to post http://www.iwsti.com/forums/sti-prices-rates-ordering-options-tracking-discussions/286705-placed-order-2016-red-sti.html

Thanks

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
I'm still curious about that large pic of the dash, it looks like it has stitched leather wrapping?? Can anyone confirm this is an option or even standard on the 2017 Impreza?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Something tells me that if Heuberger doesn't have the 2017 info yet... nobody does! Haha

The cutoff was sudden. Usually there's about a week notice, and this seems awfully early to cut off something that wont release until the fall. We'll all be keeping an eye on this one.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Haha, yeah, I'd hope we're kept in the loop. : ) The WRX and STI is usually more of a early summer arrival. So, hopefully orders will open up soon.

Something tells me that if Heuberger doesn't have the 2017 info yet... nobody does! Haha

The cutoff was sudden. Usually there's about a week notice, and this seems awfully early to cut off something that wont release until the fall. We'll all be keeping an eye on this one.

·
lurking Subaru whore
826 Posts
Still no confirmation about the 5th generation Impreza having a manual transmission.

The latest info I got from a Subaru of America representative shows that Subaru is still being very secretive about the 5th generation Impreza...

Here's the said email from that Subaru of America representative:
I have checked for update on the 2017 Impreza manual transmission and information is still limited. More information is still forthcoming and will be release on Subaru.com in the coming months. Below I cut and pasted some trim level information I came across.

Thank you for your time and patience and I will direct you to check in from time to time with Subaru.com on new press releases for the upcoming model year. Should you have any questions or if I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me at 1-800-SUBARU3 (1-800-782-2783).

**The 2017 Subaru Impreza will be offered in four trim lines: 2.0i base, Premium, Sport and Limited. The 2.0i starts with an extensive roster of standard features that includes a 6.5-inch multimedia touchscreen, Android Auto™ and Apple CarPlay™, power windows with auto up/down on both driver and passenger sides; 60/40-split fold-down rear seat; power door locks and side mirrors; multi-function display with fuel economy information; tilt and telescoping steering column; security system with engine immobilizer, carpeted floormats and more.

The Premium trim adds Subaru STARLINK™ Safety and Security features, 16-inch alloy wheels, the All-Weather Package featuring heated front seats, windshield and exterior mirrors and automatic headlights. Premium 5-door Imprezas also feature standard roof rails (not available on base 5-door Impreza 2.0i Sport). Stepping up to the Premium trim also brings wider option availability, including a power moonroof and driver assist technology systems. (The Impreza Sport is described earlier in this press release.)

Subaru has elevated the Limited trim for the 2017 Impreza into more luxurious territory. The exterior looks more upscale with LED headlights and distinctive “Konoji” LED daytime running lights (DRL) and standard 17-inch machine finished alloy wheels. The Subaru Impreza also has Steering Responsive Headlights, which can illuminate curves as the vehicle steers into them. Judicious use of exterior chrome trim and turn signal side mirrors add a touch of elegance.

The Limited’s leather trimmed interior features double stitching on the door armrests and instrument panel, and the 6-way power driver’s seat is the first ever in an Impreza. Standard amenities include an automatic climate control system, leather wrapped steering wheel and shifter, Keyless Access & Push-Button Start and 8-inch color display. The exclusive instrument panel features white gauge cluster illumination, and new harman/kardon® premium audio is available in the Impreza for the first time. Models equipped with EyeSight technology also include High Beam Assist, which automatically activates and deactivates the high beam headlamps based on driving conditions. Lastly, the available navigation system now features maps provided by TomTom.

·
Registered
669 Posts
We haven't heard anything from Subaru yet on 2017s.

Personally, I'm guessing they will add Starlink connected services, beyond that, I'm not sure. Subaru did close orders on 2016s this week with no warning, which was unusual. I was told by the new car manager, that we'll have some info on Monday, but no idea how much info yet. :crying:
Still expecting some info today? Or was your guy just blowing speculatory smoke....

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I have some info ! But it's not much. We're expecting orders to open at the very end of the month. THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL YET. No pricing details or change info yet, but we're making progress ! I'll of course let you guys know more, when I know more.

:tup:

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Is that a stitched leather trimmed dash on the 2017 impreza interior pics??? It sure looks like it is. That would show that they are incorporating some nice upscale interior trims if it is!

Anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
669 Posts
I have some info ! But it's not much. We're expecting orders to open at the very end of the month. THIS IS NOT OFFICIAL YET. No pricing details or change info yet, but we're making progress ! I'll of course let you guys know more, when I know more.

:tup:
Is this based on anything from Subaru or just pure speculation based on the 2016 order bank being closed? Seems like we haven't received any new information.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks like its design has lot of similarities with Mazda and Toyota. I think interior is much better. Panels and dashboard elements have designed well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
typical people not liking it right away lol.
People complained about 3rd gen suspension being too soft but I live in IL where the roads are hell so I didn't mind... love subbie for respodning with people's demands though. Wish I could have a new one right now. Interior looks so sweet. :(

61 - 77 of 77 Posts