IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Well, they didn't roll out a new 17 STi and surprise us all.....shocking. One takeaway from the press conference....13.0 to 1 steering ratio on the impreza....hopefully this signals the STi going to an even quicker box

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The ONLY great thing to come from this unvail - is that we very well may actually see the return of the STI HATCH!!!!! WOOT WOOT!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I really did not like the looks of the new impreza in those photos, but the video is a different story. The car looks so much better in motion.

The odd thing though are those tail lights -- particularly on the hatch. The video cut to the back of the hatch and I initially thought: "oh, they are showing an outback now? That's odd".

·
Registered
908 Posts
Now: I hate it

In a week: I like this part of it

Another week: I like that part of it

In a month: I still wouldn't buy it

In a few years: The 2017 was my favorite

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
Don't forget that it has a completely new frame and chassis, 70%!!! Stiffer than the outgoing 2016, and 40% less body roll...that is quite significant, and a lower center of gravity and a 13 :01 steering ratio, eyesight technology and apple car play, android auto and starlink. That is quite a package for their line ups base model. The interior looks very nicely updated as well to accomodate the new tech, and I still swear I see leather trim stitching around the upper dash surfaces???

As for the looks they are just incorporating a lot of what every other major car brand is doing to keep up with design trends while still having traditional subaru aesthetic traits.

I'll bet it handles and performs much better than a corrola LOL.

The Next gen STI's should be PHENOMENAL if they follow the same trends they did with the impreza redesign.

·
Registered
612 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Not digging it. The tail lights are far too big and prominent. I absolutely hate how they (and the headlights) stick out from the body. 👎🏻

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The front end isn't too bad. Nice subtle changes here and there. The interior also has some nice touches. Looks like you get a much nicer interior for the money now, compared to the current and previous generations.

The rear just kills it for me though. I feel like they basically took the tail lights off the Corolla, changed the corner edges a tad, and through them on. Just doesn't match the rest of the design to me.

·
Registered
4,954 Posts
LOL about the corrola comparisons, the impreza is LEAPS and BOUNDS above a corrola in every way. The new impreza "looks" like a lot of other cars to me as well, but that is what car manufacturers do.

Edit*

Aftermarket will undoubtabley supply a different tail light kit once these are hitting the streets and the mods start.....:tup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Regarding the tail lights, remember the famous WRX concept. Maybe Subaru is trying to get closer to that original concept with the lines and lights as much as they can.

With that being said, I think it will look better on the future Sti with the wider body.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Add the side vents, the wide fenders, the bigger rims, maybe it's just me, but I could see something closer to the original concept once the WRX and STi come out.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts