IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Many of you know me and that I recently sold my '05 STi which I owned for nearly 10 years. It was a great car and I had a ton of fun building it into my dream, but it was time to upgrade. I picked up a C63S coupe about a month back and I figured I'd start a journal here. I plan to modify and track this car as well, though I won't be building the motor or swapping turbos. Probably just a tune and some wheels/tires. Stock tires are 285 PSS in the rear which is wayyyyy too small. The stock exhaust is already crazy loud and sounds great, and I don't think the platform can realistically tame more than what these engines put out tuned (600+hp/650+tq). More pics/videos to come

Attachments

·
Registered
934 Posts
beautiful car.

I recently visited san fran/San jose. I had a training out there and my company is based in San jose. I wouldn't own my Subaru if I had to live there either lol

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
beautiful car.

I recently visited san fran/San jose. I had a training out there and my company is based in San jose. I wouldn't own my Subaru if I had to live there either lol
Thanks. I just moved here from Denver in July. Definitely has pros and cons, but I'm early in my career in tech and this is the place to be if you want to make big moves. Otherwise I probably would have stayed in Colorado. Are you in tech?

·
Registered
934 Posts
Thanks. I just moved here from Denver in July. Definitely has pros and cons, but I'm early in my career in tech and this is the place to be if you want to make big moves. Otherwise I probably would have stayed in Colorado. Are you in tech?
Yes. I'm a DevOps Engineer.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some more pics

I'm planning to do an Akrapovic catback and tune in January. Should make in the 540whp/wtq range. Will do wider, stickier tires at the same time. Might also replace the front grill cross/emblem with a carbon fiber version.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just ordered some S007A in 305/30/20 rear, 275/35/19 front. 20mm wider front and rear than stock and a huge step up in grip from the PSS that come stock. This car has serious traction issues with all the torque it puts down. Hopefully getting a track day in later this month.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the windows tinted 25% all around and got a carbon front cross grille replacement.

Also, I scraped a corner of my front bumper on a curb and instead of getting it resprayed I decided I'd just cover it up with some more carbon a la Brabus front splitter. Should arrive in about 10 days.

I'll probably get the car tuned the same time I install those.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine's the matte silver one. I just posted that pic to show the splitter I ordered. I'll post pics when I have the splitter and grille installed.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Got the BEEFY new tires put on. 305/30/20 rear, 275/35/19 front PS4S. It's thrilling to finally be able to fit some fat tires on without all kinds of work.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Installed the grill and front splitter. Unfortunately, the star emblem doesn't fit the new grill and I'm trying to figure out exactly why and which star emblem I need...

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Some fun stuff on the way. My OBDII flash device came in from Velos today and I need to send off the stock image to them to get the revised tune. Anticipating ~520whp/560wtq on 91 octane. I've also decided to update the front grille to the Panamericana grille from the new AMGs. I think they make the car look more aggressive.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Installed my Velos Stage 2 tune today and holy shit. This thing pulls at 80 like my 450whp STi did at 30. The torque is unreal. Hoping to make it to a dyno around here soon. I was tempted to do downpipes, but I just don't see a point in making more power on this car. I think it would probably run high 10s as it sits. 305 PS4S are like ice skates :lol: ridiculous that you can pick up like 60whp and 80wtq with just a tune on this engine.

·
Super Moderator
8,810 Posts
Nice car bro. I was looking at doing an APR Stage 1 tune on my car but my wife said no lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts