IW STi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Table of Contents

Post #2 - All mods installed prior to this thread (exhaust, shift knob, et cetera)
Post #12 - JDM console hood
Post #15 - Corn-fed tune
Post #20 - JDM rear fog
Post #21 - Cubby pod

Mod List

(Red for to be purchased and/or installed)

Fuel & Tuning:
  • Cobb AP V3
  • Flex Fuel Kit
  • ID1000 injectors
Exhaust / Intake:
  • Invidia Q300 cat back
  • Invidia divorced cat-less down pipe
  • AEM intake
Engine:
  • Blouch Dominator 1.5XT-R
  • ETS front mount intercooler
Interior:
  • M1 Abrams shift knob
  • JDM extended arm rest
  • Audiofrog GS 60
  • Audiofrog GS 10
  • Audiofrog GS 610c
  • Audiofrog GS 62
  • Hertz 5 channel amp
  • Hertz Energy 8" sub
  • JDM console hood
  • Innovate wideband gauge
  • Innovate ethanol gauge
  • Subispeed cubby pod
Exterior:
  • OEM front lip
Intro

So, I didn't plan to create a member journal because I didn't think I'd be modding my car this early. A little history, I came from a 2011 STI Limited a few years ago but sold it a year after. Nothing much was done to it, just a Perrin cat-back exhaust. Over a year ago, I test drove a 2015 for shits and giggles and fell in love. I don't know if it was my 2011, but the 2015 felt quicker on throttle and more stable in the corners. So a year later, October 23, 2015, I finally picked up a 2016 STi Limited. I plan to mod it with reliability in mind and because I'm already spoiled (thanks, motorcycles). Here are some pictures listed below:

2011 STI Limited

2016 STI Limited

Scooters

Attachments

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Re: 2016 Cheeseburger STI

To catch up on my thread, here are some pictures of what I did to the STI so far.

First things were to swap out to LEDs. Dome, map lights, fogs, and DRL.

TWM M1 Abrams shift knob

Subaru OEM front lip

Invidia Q300 cat-back exhaust

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: 2016 WRB STI: Cheeseburger

So, few days ago, received the Invidia down-pipe.... and realized I couldn't stare at it for long without installing it so yesterday I ordered the AEM gauges and intake. Scheduling a tune with Kozmic Motorsports down here in Houston for sometime end of May.

·
Registered
223 Posts

Well let's see some pics of the motorcycle. Also how are you liking the 1.5xt-r?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Oh hai there. :wave

That STi sure looks familiar!
HAHA what are you doing over here?

Well let's see some pics of the motorcycle. Also how are you liking the 1.5xt-r?
The items listed in red haven't been purchased yet so.... can't tell you yet :lol:

Here's my 2014 Grom

My 2008 R6

My 2009 R1 I sold over a year ago

·
Registered
223 Posts

Cool man. I had an 09 r6. I really liked that bike, granted its been the only bike I've owned so far, I don't have much to compare to. But yours looks like a fun track toy!

·
Registered
180 Posts

HAHA what are you doing over here?

The items listed in red haven't been purchased yet so.... can't tell you yet
Here's my 2014 Grom

Image Link

My 2008 R6

Image Link

My 2009 R1 I sold over a year ago

Image Link
Hahaha I'm always perusing info here on what I want to do when I get the sti. Then I saw cheeseburger in the title and I knew it was you

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Cool man. I had an 09 r6. I really liked that bike, granted its been the only bike I've owned so far, I don't have much to compare to. But yours looks like a fun track toy!
Nice! What do you have done to it? My buddy below has an 09 as well.

Hahaha I'm always perusing info here on what I want to do when I get the sti. Then I saw cheeseburger in the title and I knew it was you

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Went a different route and purchased Innovate gauges instead of the two AEM gauges. Tune is scheduled for May 16 and a JCS Pillar Pod was purchased yesterday so hopefully that comes in before then. I asked for a rough eta from JCS but no reply yet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

So, I totally forgot that I redid my whole sound system a little over a month ago... I got Audiofrog speakers all around, Hertz 5 channel amp, and Hertz Energy 8" sub. I REALLY like it, especially over the HK setup. If anyone wants to buy my HK setup, let me know. I have all the speakers.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Finally got my triple pillar pod from JCS today!!! Just in time for my tune tomorrow. Quality looks awesome so I'm really stoked about this.

Also, put some Lamin-X yellow fog overlays a few days ago, love the yellow fog look.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Car is officially corn-fed! Running on premium, numbers are 299 HP/298 Torque. Running on E85, numbers are 319 HP/340 Torque. I'll take more pictures of everything else later.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Awesome build so far. How are you liking the switch to E85? Is it as big of a difference as you had hoped to feel?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Awesome build so far. How are you liking the switch to E85? Is it as big of a difference as you had hoped to feel?
I've been running into some sensor issues (hence the lack of updates), but so far it's good. Car feels much more beefier and throttle is much more responsive. Not a huge jump in power, albeit I'm a bit spoiled by motorcycles. I'm enjoying it though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay, so, haven't updated in a while because my sensor was being screwy but now everything is okay and I can finally give my final thoughts.

My first tank after the sensor fix was all premium but the car did feel a little beefier and a little more throttle sensitive. Today I drove the car until the gas light came on (first time I ever got excited for the low gas light to turn on) and filled up E85 to full. First thoughts, omg. This thing is quick. Throttle is even more sensitive and the torque is crazy.

The best part? $25 for a full tank.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Hey, At first i saw your number on E85 and i knew the TQ was something wrong. I just had my car tuned FF @ E64 321HP 404TQ. Car pull much harder than when i was on Stage 2+ELH. Love it everyday.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Haven't updated in a while but finally ordered and installed the JDM rear fog from Subispeed. I replaced the bulb with an LED as well. Love the look of it, way more than I expected, so now I feel more comfortable debadging without the rear looking too empty.

And on a side note, I haven't posted a picture of my triple pillar pod with gauges since one gauge was backordered but now I think I pretty much settled on getting a cubby pod for my current two gauges and in the future perhaps get Defi gauges? Always loved the Defi gauges.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts