IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
If it were my car, I'd rip of that cheap plastidip. IMO, it looks terrible and does nothing but make your car look older and crappier. I also don't understand how people are so quick to buy every low budget stick on and glue on modification, but they keep their dealership license plates on.

Sorry, but you asked. I'm not trying to be offensive. I believe you can do better for yourself and the car. A $5 can of spray paint doesn't make a $35,000 car look good.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Added some plastidip to the hood scoop and lower bumper. Also did taillight overlays and all new red and black badges to the front, back and fenders.
Not into the black out trend but most of it came out great. I would redo the hood scoop

Around this area I see 70k BMW M4s with plastidip/blacked out parts... so do whatever you like man... except white letter tires!!!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I also don't understand how people are so quick to buy every low budget stick on and glue on modification, but they keep their dealership license plates on.
I call it the "mod for the sake of modding" trend.

Simply add a bunch of stuff so you have something to include in your "mod list" and say you did something. This is apparent in a lot of threads where people have their "mods" listed, and it's filled with 40 different LED bulbs, 20 different vinyl wrapped pieces, 10 badge overlays, and whatever else they can possibly add to make their list appear as long as possible.

To me, plastidip is absolutely stupid. The ONLY justification I can see for it is trying something temporarily before committing to something more permanent.

That being said, my opinion is the same as above: not a fan. But either way, do what you like and welcome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hood scoop and lower grill look terrible. I do think the black fender badges look better but for some reason yours look crooked - did you do those yourself too? Or maybe it's just the camera angle.

Also in addition to losing the dealer license plate frame, lose the badges. At most keep just the rear STI badge.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts