IW STi Forum banner

161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Re: 2016 DGM STI Cobb Stage 3 Flex Fuel and ELH

Appreciate it, Brian. The lift is a Range QuickJack. I love it so far. Sturdy when the car is up, and gets it off the ground enough I can actually get underneath it and get to stuff.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #164 (Edited)
Cobb 20g is in the car!

Cobb 20g is in the car! Really wasn't too bad of an install. The hardest part was getting the bottom oil line on the rubber hosing, while trying to get the inlet pipe on the turbo inlet at the same time. I have an aftermarket Perrin inlet pipe, and I'm not sure if that helped the process or hurt it.

Just need to get it tuned for it, and hopefully nothing blows up! :tup:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Re: 2016 DGM STI Cobb Stage 3 Flex Fuel and ELH

nice looking turbo ive been looking at this turbo for a while, really interested in how the results will come out. im sure youll be fine ive heard lots of people run a 20G turbo on a stock block with no problem at all, good luck with everything though dude

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Was able to get a few pulls in on the new turbo today. Overall feels great. Pulls a lot harder, and feels consistent once boost kicks in. Pulls hard towards redline and doesn't feel like it dies at top.

Tune probably needs to be dialed in a little more, but I am excited.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Was able to get a few pulls in on the new turbo today. Overall feels great. Pulls a lot harder, and feels consistent once boost kicks in. Pulls hard towards redline and doesn't feel like it dies at top.

Tune probably needs to be dialed in a little more, but I am excited.
Yeah, that's really concerning that you did pulls on a turbo you aren't tuned for. Hope the motor had enough fuel.

I made 390whp at 22psi on pump and 430 at 23psi on e85 with the cobb 20g

Don't do pulls until the car is tuned. We have enough Subaru denied my engine warranty claim threads.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
Yeah, that's really concerning that you did pulls on a turbo you aren't tuned for. Hope the motor had enough fuel.

I made 390whp at 22psi on pump and 430 at 23psi on e85 with the cobb 20g

Don't do pulls until the car is tuned. We have enough Subaru denied my engine warranty claim threads.
Where did you read it wasn't tuned? "Tune needs to be dialed in more." Dialed in meaning perfected. Read, then comment.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
That's exactly what I was thinking. Was also kind of a douche about it too. -_-

Love this car. Much jelly.
Appreciate it, Tyler. The feeling is mutual. Hope you get yours up and running soon!!

Quick update in the car. BrenTuning is doing the tune, and we are getting close to a final tune it seems. BrenTuning tuned the car for me back in August and I was very happy with them so I went back this time.

Had to crush the bpv slightly so it would flatten out load/boost and that was new to me. I hadn't seen that trick before. Seems to have worked but it felt weird putting my bpv in a vice and crushing it LOL.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Appreciate it, Tyler. The feeling is mutual. Hope you get yours up and running soon!!

Quick update in the car. BrenTuning is doing the tune, and we are getting close to a final tune it seems. BrenTuning tuned the car for me back in August and I was very happy with them so I went back this time.

Had to crush the bpv slightly so it would flatten out load/boost and that was new to me. I hadn't seen that trick before. Seems to have worked but it felt weird putting my bpv in a vice and crushing it LOL.
I wish I had a good tuner in my area. The Rockies don't have much going on. Excited to see this thing rip.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Re: Modifications done and coming to my STI

Wheels and Tires:
18x9.5 +38 Volk ze40
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/35
Your car looks great! I am looking to get this same wheel set up. Do you know what your front and rear camber is set at? From what I have read with the 9.5 +38 wheels, you need to dial in some negative camber so front wheels are flush (no poke). I am also considering the +45 offset to be on the conservative side.

Thanks for your time.

Sauce

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Well that was a fantastic way to kill a couple hours at work on a friday afternoon, reading your entire thread :lol:

I gotta say I was sucked in by your username, and I had to see if you followed through with it. You didn't let me down! Awesome, awesome build man, you've hit absolutely every aspect of the car perfectly; interior, exterior, engine, suspension, cosmetic, and functional.

Well done sir, well done! :tup::cool:

and now you have me research QuickJacks, damn you!!!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
Well that was a fantastic way to kill a couple hours at work on a friday afternoon, reading your entire thread :lol:

I gotta say I was sucked in by your username, and I had to see if you followed through with it. You didn't let me down! Awesome, awesome build man, you've hit absolutely every aspect of the car perfectly; interior, exterior, engine, suspension, cosmetic, and functional.

Well done sir, well done! :tup::cool:

and now you have me research QuickJacks, damn you!!!
Thanks! I am glad you enjoyed looking through it. The QuickJacks is awesome. It wasn't cheap, but it has been great for changing the oil, and getting up underneath the car doing the turbo install. Saved me quite a bit of time when I needed to lower it to go up top, but then raise it to get back underneath it. Love it so far.

Oh you have two trunks?! I wish I would have kept mine and just found another trunk so I could swap them out pending out I felt.
Sure do. I would have traded with a WRX owner, but central Kentucky isn't huge on Subarus. I'd probably still be waiting to find a 2015+ dark gray metallic WRX owner looking to trade. My wingless trunk is actually carbon fiber made by Advan. From 10 feet away you can barely tell it isn't the factory painted trunk because it flows so well with the DGM, so that kind of sucks because I don't get the contrast (ahem...like it would look on white), but at the same time I like it because I honestly was just looking for a wingless look, not necessarily carbon fiber. I got a good deal on the trunk, and I can just swap them out anytime I can get my wife to help bolt it up while I hold the trunk up!

161 - 180 of 208 Posts