IW STi Forum banner

141 - 160 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Re: Interior Upgrades and new Driveshaft!

2. Switched the center shifter console to the WRX CTV leather console. I was worried it wouldn't work since it is for an auto, but the only real issue I had was getting a shift boot to connect. The extra boot I had doesn't really fit, so I will need to address that again to make it look better...

[URL=http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu231/bhickey333/2016%20WRX%20STI/C3B2F27F-2534-46B2-9D3A-9630B9C9C6B9_zpslx55zeoz.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

3. Finally, no pictures, but I purchased and installed the PST Carbon Fiber driveshaft. As the advertisements say, it is about 14.5 lbs compared to the OEM 28 lbs. It isn't mind blowing, but it does feel like a worth upgrade so far.
Nice so you just bought a WRX CVT leather console? I was just gonna wrap my console with a gloss black over the silver trim. I already got the piano black vents and HVAC buttons and also got BLack HVAC dials on mine. I'm still contemplating if I wanna do custom wraps over the carbon pieces. Will have to update my journal soon. lol

How you like the drive shaft? I'm really on the fence with it.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #142 (Edited)
Re: 2016 DGM STI Cobb Stage 3 Flex Fuel and ELH

Would you happen to have any pictures of how you setup the dump tube or how you connected the waste gate to the boost controller?
No pics, but I might be able to get some of the waste gate to the bc.

Nice so you just bought a WRX CVT leather console? I was just gonna wrap my console with a gloss black over the silver trim. I already got the piano black vents and HVAC buttons and also got BLack HVAC dials on mine. I'm still contemplating if I wanna do custom wraps over the carbon pieces. Will have to update my journal soon. lol

How you like the drive shaft? I'm really on the fence with it.
Yeah. It was just the WRX CVT jdm unit. It looks great in the car, and I haven't had any issues with shifting (have the OEM STI short shift kit). I believe all of the faux sprayed on carbon fiber is removed from my interior now.

Driveshaft: I do like it. Is it a crazy, mind blowing change? No. I think throttle response is improved and I think there is less noise in cabin. It's probably similar to going to stage 1 from factory. Slightly improved and noticeable, but not like going from factory to turboback exhaust, e85 etc.

·
Registered
546 Posts

Hey do you have any part numbers on the interior Trim piece? The Crosstrek silver/black piece?

Thanks!

Car is looking really good! Need to order some parts one of these days.

Thanks!

·
Registered
302 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #145

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #147 (Edited)
Rear Strut Brace Installed

Installed the Cusco Rear Cross Strut Brace last night. Very simple to install.

Obviously removes the usefulness of the rear fold down seats, but I have a truck for a daily driver so I don't need that functionality.

UPDATE: removed it since it made a lot of noises when it was cold. A lot of creaking noises and made it not worth it.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #149 (Edited)
Joseph Subaru Meet

I went to my first Subaru car meet yesterday. It was the Joseph Subaru meet in Florence, KY and I had a great time.

There were a lot of cool Subies there and the event was amazing. They raffled away Subaru gear and I left with coasters, glasses, chairs, and even won a few trophies there which was awesome.

Handmade trophy for best wheel fitment and won 3rd place for 2015+ STIs.

Spectacular event and had a blast. Free pizza, bunch of give aways, and was fun seeing Subaru fans in on place.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #151

I didn't really think about how much I have replaced on my car until I tried to organize it and get it up off the floor. Keep in mind that this doesn't include the factory wheels out in the garage or the airbox equipment that was replaced. Luckily this room is in the basement and away from normal foot traffic. Otherwise I'd be nervous my wife would see it and start questioning how much I've spent on this thing... ;)

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #153 (Edited)
Quickjack Oil Change & Turn Signal Mod

Picked up a quick jack a few weeks back and finally got around to using it today for an oil change.

Impression:
Quickjack=awesome.

I doubt I'll ever get a real lift, but after using this today, I think this is an amazing compromise.

While I was letting the oil drain out of the pan, I decided to try something I picked up when I had my little M roadster: taking the amber turn signals out and lightly hitting them with a gray spray paint. Gets rid of the orange look of the bulb from the outside, but if you spray lightly, it still lights up orange when illuminated.

Before/After Creation:

·
Registered
3,283 Posts

I bought one of the quick jacks last November. Works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #156 (Edited)
Some Cusco Goodies!

Ordered some Cusco goods and installed them last night. That quick jack is still awesome!

Got a used Subaru banner and hung it up in the garage as well. Got a few cabinets and another workbench from Sam's Club. Can never have enough space to set stuff on.

Picture of the front power brace crossmember and the side power braces:

Cusco pieces are much nicer than the factory ones. I do think I can feel a difference, but it could just be in my head. It definitely feels better around corners when I took it out for a spirited drive last night.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #157

Trying to come up with a reason not to get a new turbo for the car. The only reason I can come up with is that the bottom end could blow up. Not sure that's a good enough reason not to get one...

·
Registered
390 Posts

dude your car looks amazing, I like how its subtle yet striking. that quickjack seems like a really good investment as well. really enjoyed this thread good luck with everything and thanks for the tips with everything

·
Registered
907 Posts

Trying to come up with a reason not to get a new turbo for the car. The only reason I can come up with is that the bottom end could blow up. Not sure that's a good enough reason not to get one...
Why not just get a built motor and bigger turbo. Problem solved. No worry, more power. ;)

141 - 160 of 208 Posts