IW STi Forum banner

121 - 140 of 208 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Re: 2016 DGM STI stage3 + ELH and Flex Fuel

I've got to tell you that this is one of my favorite mod paths I've seen in the 2015+ cars (almost more than mine... almost). Car looks great and it's nice to see you addressing each area of the car. Keep it up!
Haha. That's some high praise! Appreciate it!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Re: Modifications done and coming to my STI

I had thought about the cf driveshaft. They are pretty expensive, though, and I am wondering if you really can feel the difference.
CF drive shaft is definitely on my to do list. I drove an sti with one and it is definitely smoother and accelerates faster. car is looking good by the way I've been following your journal since the beginning. We pretty much had the same mods for a while until I went over board with mine. lol

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Re: Modifications done and coming to my STI

CF drive shaft is definitely on my to do list. I drove an sti with one and it is definitely smoother and accelerates faster. car is looking good by the way I've been following your journal since the beginning. We pretty much had the same mods for a while until I went over board with mine. lol
Haha. Your car is looking pretty sick!

Thanks for the insight on the Cf ds and the compliments!

·
Registered
164 Posts

I gotta say man, you see to have done what I'm about to do. I had an 04 sti which I stupidly traded in and am looking at getting into a 2017 now. Build looks great.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #127

I gotta say man, you see to have done what I'm about to do. I had an 04 sti which I stupidly traded in and am looking at getting into a 2017 now. Build looks great.
I appreciate it, FeonixSTI! Good luck with the'17! I love the 2004 STi a lot, but the new va chassis is great.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #128 (Edited)

Cleaned up the engine bay after installing the Process West TMIC and redid the lines in front of it to use the hoses instead of the factory bar.

Also finally got to wash it last night! It has rained almost everyday for the past 5 weeks which is pretty unusual for central Kentucky.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Re: 2016 DGM STI Cobb Stage 3 Flex Fuel and ELH

I definitely like the JDM grille better, its a shame that the chargespeed one ended up looking so cheap.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #130

I definitely like the JDM grille better, its a shame that the chargespeed one ended up looking so cheap.
Looked and felt cheap. Pretty big disappointment. I would have removed it sooner if it didn't require the entire front end to come off!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #131 (Edited)
Subaru OEM Interior Changes

Decided to make some changes in interior pieces. I'm not a fan of the fake carbon fiber, so I had at one point wrapped the interior carbon fiber pieces in various colors. I found some Subaru OEM "stainless" and piano black pieces and decided to switch out for those:

Also swapped out the HVAC buttons for piano black pieces:

Little bit of a before/after so you get an idea:

Also replaced the steering wheel fake metal cap and replaced it with a piano black finished unit. Looks better.

·
Registered
486 Posts

Is it possible to make a video of your car with a couple of pulls, reved, idle, etc. with your current setup?

·
Registered
69 Posts

Ive read through all the pages and I must say.. kudos for the details and things you did to the car...

definitely gave me some ideas of what worked and what didnt work...thanks!

keep up the good work!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #134

Ive read through all the pages and I must say.. kudos for the details and things you did to the car...

definitely gave me some ideas of what worked and what didnt work...thanks!

keep up the good work!
Thanks for reading through it. I'm glad you were able to learn from my mistakes. I'm sure I'll have more!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Re: Subaru OEM Interior Changes

Decided to make some changes in interior pieces. I'm not a fan of the fake carbon fiber, so I had at one point wrapped the interior carbon fiber pieces in various colors. I found some Subaru OEM "stainless" and piano black pieces and decided to switch out for those:

[URL=http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu231/bhickey333/2016%20WRX%20STI/IMG_6841_zpsxnsokosv.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

Also swapped out the HVAC buttons for piano black pieces:

[URL=http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu231/bhickey333/2016%20WRX%20STI/IMG_6849_zpsi9iwj0g1.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

Little bit of a before/after so you get an idea:

[URL=http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu231/bhickey333/2016%20WRX%20STI/IMG_6851_zpst7cjvywa.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

[URL=http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu231/bhickey333/2016%20WRX%20STI/IMG_6854_zps69uybl3q.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

[URL=http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu231/bhickey333/2016%20WRX%20STI/IMG_6855_zpsmo3wsvkl.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

Also replaced the fake metal plastic center cap on the steering wheel, but I don't have a picture of it installed. Do have a before picture of items I put on/took off:

[URL=http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu231/bhickey333/2016%20WRX%20STI/8AB44697-F360-4149-BEE4-2294BED8F614_zpsanh3ihvj.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]

Do you have links to the trim and buttons? They look much better than stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #137

Cflo23...I missed your comment about putting up a video until today. I don't have any videos right now from inside the car, but I do have one from the outside focusing on the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #139 (Edited)
Interior Upgrades and new Driveshaft!

I've spent more money on my car....
1. Picked up some WC Lathewerks interior upgrades (si drive knob and hvac controls).

2. Switched the center shifter console to the WRX CTV leather console. I was worried it wouldn't work since it is for an auto, but the only real issue I had was getting a shift boot to connect. The extra boot I had doesn't really fit, so I will need to address that again to make it look better...

3. Finally, no pictures, but I purchased and installed the PST Carbon Fiber driveshaft. As the advertisements say, it is about 14.5 lbs compared to the OEM 28 lbs. It isn't mind blowing, but it does feel like a worth upgrade so far.

·
Registered
390 Posts

Would you happen to have any pictures of how you setup the dump tube or how you connected the waste gate to the boost controller?

121 - 140 of 208 Posts