IW STi Forum banner

101 - 120 of 208 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
Re: 2016 DGM STI stage3 + ELH and Flex Fuel

Love the build. My car is very similar. Maybe I missed it but have you had this tuned yet? Curious what sort of numbers your car is making. I just did my flexfuel, injectors, rails, and ELH. Got my car pro tuned and our builds are very similar.. I have to say I may never run pump gas again.
Thanks, Dru!
Yep. I got it tuned at Turn in Concepts up in Cincinnati. Got it tuned on about 68% ethanol or so, so numbers were down compared to what they could be with a higher %, but WHP was way down compared to what I was thinking. I figured it woudl be about 330whp or so, but ended up being about 306whp or so and about 370-375 ft/lbs torque. Torque was up a lot higher than I anticipated so it washed out with expectations, but I was very surprised by the low WHP numbers. I have heard that Turn in Concepts has a low reading dyno, so I am just going to go with that LOL. Numbers are fun, but it's about how the car drives and I really love the way it feels now. Definitely a blast to drive around.

Thanks for looking at my journal!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #102 (Edited)
S4 Foglight Mod

Installed the S4 foglight mod. Overall looks pretty cool. Need to work on the grille more on the front so it looks better, or I might just put the JDM grille back on to match the glossy bezels for the foglights.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #105 (Edited)

Went back to the JDM grille. Couldn't stand the mesh on the carbon fiber piece any longer. It looked cheap, especially with the metal body piece showing through...

·
Registered
85 Posts

Went back to the JDM grille. Couldn't stand the mesh on the carbon fiber piece any longer. It looked cheap, especially with the metal body piece showing through...

[URL=http://i651.photobucket.com/albums/uu231/bhickey333/2016%20WRX%20STI/AA183DBE-6553-4E60-8BA2-A2DF233003CA_zpsuzvr4v0c.jpg]Image Link
[/URL]
The JDM grille looks much better. I agree with you. Very awesome build btw. My car is going in for flex fuel tune etc in a week and your thread has me super excited for the outcome. I, like you, won't care too much about the numbers, but will be happy with any noticeable increase on the butt dyno.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #107

The JDM grille looks much better. I agree with you. Very awesome build btw. My car is going in for flex fuel tune etc in a week and your thread has me super excited for the outcome. I, like you, won't care too much about the numbers, but will be happy with any noticeable increase on the butt dyno.

Cheers
Thanks, ATX. Good luck with the tune. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have on mine.

·
Registered
124 Posts

looking good man... love the color, what halogens did you change out? how much louder are the hella horns? I wanna do them but I don't know if they are even worth it?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #109

looking good man... love the color, what halogens did you change out? how much louder are the hella horns? I wanna do them but I don't know if they are even worth it?
Appreciate it! Just the factory DRL lights. They were a slight yellow, and that stood out to me quite a bit compared to the other bluer burning lights on the car.

The Hellas are a lot louder, but I mostly did the change for the cosmetic change. I just think it looks good back behind the grille!

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #111

Did you swap out your clutch yet or still rockin oem?
Still on OEM. Car has about 5500 miles on it. I'll have to upgrade sooner than I would if I had stayed stock with the car, but I'm hoping I can get a lot more miles out of it before then.

·
Registered
740 Posts

Still on OEM. Car has about 5500 miles on it. I'll have to upgrade sooner than I would if I had stayed stock with the car, but I'm hoping I can get a lot more miles out of it before then.

We have almost identical mods. My car is at 26k miles. Only on stage 3 and flex fuel for 2k miles. Stock clutch is slipping :-(. Now trying to decide what clutch to go with.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #113

We have almost identical mods. My car is at 26k miles. Only on stage 3 and flex fuel for 2k miles. Stock clutch is slipping :-(. Now trying to decide what clutch to go with.
That sucks. I am slightly nervous to pick one out eventually because I know I will want to upgrade from OEM, but I don't want to lose the drivability.

·
Registered
740 Posts

That sucks. I am slightly nervous to pick one out eventually because I know I will want to upgrade from OEM, but I don't want to lose the drivability.

In the same boat. Thinking southbend stg 3 just to support the TQ. Hear they can be so so for daily. Also thinking twindisk. Have a twin in my Evo and not sure I want to daily drive on one again. Might feel different in a subie not sure.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #115

In the same boat. Thinking southbend stg 3 just to support the TQ. Hear they can be so so for daily. Also thinking twindisk. Have a twin in my Evo and not sure I want to daily drive on one again. Might feel different in a subie not sure.
I checked out your journal, and you have a great looking car with some serious power. You definitely need to handle all that torque you're hitting the road with.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #117 (Edited)
Advan Carbon Fiber Trunk

My wife and children went away Saturday night so I decided to spend some time installing my carbon fiber trunk that I picked up back in the Spring.

I had tried installing it back then, but it just wouldn't line up right and looked horrible. For some reason this time I had no trouble whatsoever installing it and getting it to line up and close correctly.

I'm going to be honest: I did it purely for looks and not for weight savings. This carbon fiber trunk was about 20 pounds lighter (which is 90% due to getting rid of the spoiler). Overall it's great to lose weight on the car, but I am not a fanatic. I just wanted no spoiler for a while.

If I get tired of it, I can always put my factory trunk back on since I didn't trade it away.

Here are some crappy pictures of it. I'll try to take some better ones this week...

You can see my helper in this last one :D

·
Registered
337 Posts
Re: Modifications done and coming to my STI

Mods List:
Engine:
Cobb Short flow intake
ID1000 injectors
AEM fuel pump
Cobb Flex Fuel
Cobb fpr kit
Crawford AOS
Cobb downpipe and exhaust
Cobb heat shield
Perrin turbo inlet
GrimmSpeed uppipe
Tial 38mm EWG
IAG tgv delete
Air pump delete
Perrin pitch stop in red
JDM STI Oil Filler Cap

Suspension:
Cusco Front Strut Tower Bar
RCE Yellow Springs

Interior:
WC Lathe Werks SS Sphere shift knob
JDM Console Hood
Cusco Red E-brake button
AEM AFR Gauge

Exterior:
Removed badges (AWD and Subaru Badges from left side of trunk)
Dark Fender badge switch
Red taillight overlay
STI Vortex Generator
JDM grille
Chargespeed carbon fiber front grille
Red hella horns
JNA Performance front lip

Wheels and Tires:
18x9.5 +38 Volk ze40
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 255/35

Coming Soon:
Turbo Blanket (purchased/not installed)
Cobb Short Throw Shift Kit (purchased/not installed)
Thinking of ever doing a carbon fiber drive shaft or a lightweight crank pulley?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
Re: Modifications done and coming to my STI

Thinking of ever doing a carbon fiber drive shaft or a lightweight crank pulley?
I had thought about the cf driveshaft. They are pretty expensive, though, and I am wondering if you really can feel the difference.

·
Registered
469 Posts

I've got to tell you that this is one of my favorite mod paths I've seen in the 2015+ cars (almost more than mine... almost). Car looks great and it's nice to see you addressing each area of the car. Keep it up!

101 - 120 of 208 Posts