IW STi Forum banner

21 - 40 of 208 Posts

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Cusco E-Brake Button

Purchased and installed a red Cusco e-brake button last week. Probably a waste of money since I didn't need it and was purely cosmetic. It looks pretty cool, though, with all the red accents going on in the interior.

Edit: trying to fix all of my photos where Photobucket decided to remove 3rd party hosting. you can see it above in the picture of the interior.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
New wheels and tires ordered!!!

Ordered a set of Volk ze40s today in bronze. Going to throw on super sports and eventually go coilovers but I'll run factory suspension for as long as I can.

Wish I could give credit to the original poster of this image but I couldn't find anything. This is what it will look like...

I'm excited. Always wanted Volks. I would have been happy with Enkei RC-T4s but I couldn't find them the way I wanted. Can't go wrong with Volks (well...wife may want something in return but maybe she won't notice new bronze wheels on the car LOL!)

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
New Purchases

Already mentioned the Volk wheels and Super Sport tires, but I also picked up a few more goodie over the past few days.

1. JDM Grille (hope it doesn't look bad with the gloss finish)
2. Cobb Short Shift Kit

I need to figure out who I trust to mount and balance the tires/wheels. If this winter storm continues this weekend, I may have plenty of time to think about it and do research.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: My 2016 DGM STI

I know we are at about a foot of snow and its still coming down. I wish my STi would come in seeing all this snow has made this week the most painful of the wait.

I purchased the Kartboy SS, what I have read is the (rear)bushing is an absolute pain in the ass to install so update and let me know how it was. I love the look of all the lathewerk knobs, I haven't pinpointed a design I want to order yet.

You going to throw a clear bra on there? How do rock chips if any show up on the DGM?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

I know we are at about a foot of snow and its still coming down. I wish my STi would come in seeing all this snow has made this week the most painful of the wait.

I purchased the Kartboy SS, what I have read is the (rear)bushing is an absolute pain in the ass to install so update and let me know how it was. I love the look of all the lathewerk knobs, I haven't pinpointed a design I want to order yet.

You going to throw a clear bra on there? How do rock chips if any show up on the DGM?
That's right...I forgot you didn't have your STI yet. When is your estimated delivery date? I'm not sure if I will end up taking mine out in it yet. I have a 4x4 Tacoma so I don't NEED to take it out. However, it just looks like it'd be a lot of fun...

I thought about the Kartboy. I only went with Cobb because of how well everything has bolted up so far that I have purchased in the past. Even when they have messed up on parts, they have been quick to fix their mistake. I've read the same about the bushings. I will let you know.

Lathewerks knob is awesome. I was boring and went just plain. Looking back I wish I had done the ridges on the bottom where your fingers go. I think that looks awesome.

Not sure about clear bra. My 2004 silver WRX got eaten up bad from rocks and even bugs. I have put about 3k miles since July when I got it. Front end looks great still, but it has probably only seen the highway once when it was on the truck coming to the dealership. I work out of my house so when I drive the Subaru it is just for fun.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Estimated date was sometime in March. I should have a solid date sometime next week as much as its killing me a later March date won't be bad just for the fact that winter will, for the most part, be behind us. I have an old 03 TDI golf that I will still putt around in as my daily so no winter tires this year either way, but as a person who lived in Georgia for 25 years this, and only a few winters up here the salt really irritates me.
I just want to slap on that clear bra then major mods will be on hold until we remodel our kitchen. If that bushing is really that much of a pain, i'll probably just wait to install the SS when I drop the exhaust for a TBE, I thought I remember reading it makes it a little easier with the exhaust off.

From just my hasty research the most reputable tuner nearby is up in Cincy at Turn In Concepts...you think you are going to go pro tune?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Estimated date was sometime in March. I should have a solid date sometime next week as much as its killing me a later March date won't be bad just for the fact that winter will, for the most part, be behind us. I have an old 03 TDI golf that I will still putt around in as my daily so no winter tires this year either way, but as a person who lived in Georgia for 25 years this, and only a few winters up here the salt really irritates me.
I just want to slap on that clear bra then major mods will be on hold until we remodel our kitchen. If that bushing is really that much of a pain, i'll probably just wait to install the SS when I drop the exhaust for a TBE, I thought I remember reading it makes it a little easier with the exhaust off.

From just my hasty research the most reputable tuner nearby is up in Cincy at Turn In Concepts...you think you are going to go pro tune?
I do plan on it eventually and I imagine it will be at Turn in Concepts since they seem to be so well known, well liked, and only about 90 minutes away from me. The plan right now is to wait and get it pro tuned when I HAVE to get it pro tuned. Meaning when the goods I want installed don't have the off the shelf map available any longer like a header. I've had good luck so far on Cobb's OTS maps (knock on wood). I'd like to get my afr gauge installed so I can monitor it better to make sure I'm running ok, but everything on the Accessport looks good and I feel fairly comfortable. If Cobb comes through with the Flex Fuel off the shelf maps, I may look into that sooner and hold off on a header/protune.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
New Engine Candy: JDM Oil Filler Cap

Received a nice JDM piece in the mail today I got from eBay. Cosmetic item like the e-brake button, but it looks good in my opinion!

Box:

I like how the box, in English, says refer to instructions but:

Geez...look at that intercooler. It looks like I took a small hammer to the fins...Only 3k miles, too. My 2004 WRX had about 44k miles on it when I traded it and I don't remember it having that much damage. I just remember it got dirty. I can't imagine what this intercooler would look like after that many miles. :(

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Tires are in.

Tires came in. Purchased 255/35 from Tire Rack. Hopefully everything I read proves to be true and these work well for my wheels and car. Felt weird receiving sticky summer tires when there is snow in the driveway, but whatever...

UPS is supposed to drop off more goodies today in the form of Volk wheels and JDM grille.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)

Sneak peek... Taking the wheels and tires this morning to get them mounted and balanced. I will put up some pictures tomorrow of them on the car.

Update: picture on the car. Definitely needs to be lower. Look at that gap between the wheel and fender.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Photo bucket is down and Cobb TBE Video

Apparently photo bucket is having issues hosting pictures right now. Looks like all of my links are dead. Hopefully they get that fixed soon. I cleaned my car today and it looks pretty good with the Volks on. The Michelin Super Sport tires are pretty awesome in the limited driving I have done. I assume they will get even better when they are broken in.

Made my first ever youtube video. Did a start up of the Cobb TBE, some normal driving through my neighborhood, and some aggressive acceleration through the backroads near my home. I hope it doesn't cause motion sickness LOL.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
JDM Grille and hella horns

Installed my JDM grille and went ahead and put in my red hella super tones while I was at it.

Hella super tones came in red, but with a blue accent underneath the frame. Maybe I missed where it said that somewhere, but I'm not a fan of the superman look so I took them apart and painted them.

Picture of the car before JDM Grille:

After awesome JDM grille action:

·
Registered
659 Posts
Re: My Stage 3 2016 DGM STI

Man, I know that feeling when installing parts. I got so frustrated installing the DP on my STi, that I wish I just paid a local Subaru mechanic to do it. Dirty hands and being stressed out isn't worth saving 150.00 for me at my age.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts

Man, I know that feeling when installing parts. I got so frustrated installing the DP on my STi, that I wish I just paid a local Subaru mechanic to do it. Dirty hands and being stressed out isn't worth saving 150.00 for me at my age.

DP is a piece of cake. What was the frustration?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #37

Downpipe caused me issues too and I was surprised. I was a little nervous about stripping the bolt because I had a tough time getting a good angle on the the head. I ended up deciding to take a break from it overnight when I couldn't get the one near the wastegate to break.. Next day went out and sprayed it with wd-40, and I swear to God, the bolt unscrewed by finger LOL.

While doing some installs on my Subaru, I have been upset about the engineering behind some things (i.e. That damn bracket over the injectors!!)... However, after finishing projects I think back and realize sometimes that it was actually my lack of preparation/impatience/lack of appropriate tools that caused the biggest headaches.

·
Registered
85 Posts

Whatwarranty... Awesome build so far. I have a similar DGM and I'm a few months behind you and seem to be on the same path. Thanks for laying the tracks for me. cheers

21 - 40 of 208 Posts