IW STi Forum banner

201 - 208 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
just wondering did you just spray the plasti dip on your interior pieces or did you need to do a little scuffing? I still have my gloss black vinyl that I want to put on but I also like what you did with the red interior pieces.

also man car is looking dope. I've been MIA and have been busy getting this build together.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
just wondering did you just spray the plasti dip on your interior pieces or did you need to do a little scuffing? I still have my gloss black vinyl that I want to put on but I also like what you did with the red interior pieces.

also man car is looking dope. I've been MIA and have been busy getting this build together.
I just wiped them down with alcohol and then sprayed them. Was very easy to do overall. The downside was they were matte finished, but I'm sure someone who knows more about plastidip would know how to fix that with a different finish or another coat of something.

Appreciate the compliments Subi and JManangan.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #203
Been awhile since I have posted on here. The whole photobucket 3rd party hosting thing kind of annoyed me, so I kind of gave up. Tried to clean up some of the pictures by moving them somewhere else, so hopefully they don't do the same to me.

It's been a little over a year since I installed the Cobb 20g, and everything is holding up so far. Car has been a blast to drive lately in the 30-50 degree weather. Car really seems to like that temperature.

I installed a Koyo radiator last summer. I don't drive the car hard enough to probably need it, but my dad got it for me last Christmas and since I had it, I installed it. Looks good in the bay:

My dad picked up a '99 C5 last spring, so we've played around with it a little over the past year.

Put an exhaust on it after Christmas:

It sounds great now. I used to joke around with him saying I didn't hear him coming up the driveway or telling him I thought he was my neighbor in their Prius.

Don't have any current plans for the STI. Just keep driving it, and probably keep some money back just in case my factory internals decide to become externals.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice to know everything's holding up. Thinking about doing the same exact build more or less - the Cobb 20g, unless my tuner tells me otherwise.
I have a budget for about 10-13k and I'm thinking about going stage 3+FF. Waiting to hear back about what parts he wants to do and what not.
This gives me hope that running e85 will be worth it if I decide to go this path!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
596 Posts
Nice to know everything's holding up. Thinking about doing the same exact build more or less - the Cobb 20g, unless my tuner tells me otherwise.
I have a budget for about 10-13k and I'm thinking about going stage 3+FF. Waiting to hear back about what parts he wants to do and what not.
This gives me hope that running e85 will be worth it if I decide to go this path!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
For 10K-13K better get a new IAG Short Block. You should be able to get all support part with FF. Safer for your engine that way IMO.

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #207
WhatWarranty? : Have you notice any different temperature level between OEM and KOYO ?
My bad earth0, I didn't see your question. Honestly, no, not really. I think there is some benefit if it's hot out, but you'd probably really benefit more if you were really going at it driving around or on a track/strip.

On a side note, I did install the Type RA steering wheel over the weekend. Looks awesome, and really enjoy the way it feels.

Over the next few weeks, I would like to install my Cobb short throw shifter, and the Killer B oil pan/baffle/pickup set.

I did install the PTP lava blanket last week, and was happy I was able to get it on the Cobb 20g turbo as well as keep the Cobb heatshield I had on.

201 - 208 of 208 Posts