IW STi Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 wrx (FA20) and it's great but definitely needs a new exhaust because it's still stock. I have been shopping for a while and kind of landed on ets because i love the sound but I'm not sure what combination of muffler/resonator is going to get the sound I want. I don't want pull me over loud but stock is definitely too quiet. I'm leaning towards muffler with no resonator, but I've heard that cabin drone can be annoying, and I don't really know if it's too loud because videos only do so much as far as how loud an exhaust is. A lot of people say that I should go with muffler and resonator because when I eventually get a dyno and a j pipe, i could get an uncatted one and it would be great. I have also heard that resonator with no muffler has the best tone but I fear that will be too loud. Does anyone have suggestions or experience with this exhaust, I definitely want ETS it's just a matter of what combination, and I also have plans to get a j pipe so it would be great if suggestions keep that in mind. All sound clips are welcomed!

·
Registered
949 Posts
You should go loudest and dumb it down. Therefore you will know what your "Loud" threshold is.
You can also go to a subie meet and browse around, find some owners with the same set up.
You can also go with mufflers and no reson, then if its too loud then welding a reson is easier then mufflers.
You can also look into an electric cut out, stock when wanted and loud when needed.
The sound deadening inside the car is also very good, my current exhaust setup is loud from the outside. Inside the car you can hear it but its not crazy annoying. However the backseats are obnoxious. With only a CBE, it sounded amazing standing outside but i wanted it louder. I got a downpipe and some said it made a world of a difference which it did not, at least from inside. Though outside, again it did sound louder but just wished i heard the same from inside the car. Then after the headers, boy it got LOUD. Night and day difference. Loud enough inside the car to hear the growl but not overpower the music, and when you WOT under a tunnel..that it REALLY screams.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts