IW STi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 4422 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sorry guys, no pics! But, I went for a test drive this afternoon and fell in love again with a subaru. I currently have a black 2010 STI hatch who's lease is ending April 30th. I loved my car, but, the handling and overall refinement of the new car is stupendous! I can't wait to take possession of my new STI. I'm just debating what color to get. I tried a WRB. Pretty car, but like the red, it attracts too much attention from the wrong people (police). So, it's black or dark gray.

Cheers

·
Registered
40 Posts
Sorry guys, no pics! But, I went for a test drive this afternoon and fell in love again with a subaru. I currently have a black 2010 STI hatch who's lease is ending April 30th. I loved my car, but, the handling and overall refinement of the new car is stupendous! I can't wait to take possession of my new STI. I'm just debating what color to get. I tried a WRB. Pretty car, but like the red, it attracts too much attention from the wrong people (police). So, it's black or dark gray.

Cheers
How was the ride quality compared to your 2010 STI? And as for color, I'm in love with the black. Feel that it looks stealthy.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Can anybody post a pic of the new STI and the current one side by side?

I noticed that the 2015+ STI seems smaller than the current one.

Don't want to go off topic here, but how does one add option when the vehicle that came in doesn't come in any options? I really wanted that keyless access/start but wtf… lol

·
Registered
841 Posts
To get keyless the car has to be built with it.. No way to add that after the fact I would assume

Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
I had an E92 335 M-sport for a while, and have owned two STi's previously, one from each gen.

Based on what you wrote about your impressions, I'd highly advise you to drive an STi before ordering one. I sold my E92 because its ride was too soft for my tastes. Maybe it would help if you can define comfortable for us - I don't think a '15 STi will be anything approaching comfortable unless you are as turned off by body roll in a BMW as I was. :)
that's my issue as well--at a CCA car control clinic, my 330i car did have a bit much body roll. i've also driven the BRZ/FRS and e46 330i w/ ZHP (perf pkg), and wouldn't mind something stiffer than those.

some of my thoughts thus far:

-i'm hoping that the 2015 STi will feel noticeably faster on pickup, kind of like a BRZ/FRS on steroids (and also quicker than the ~245hp in my current 330i)
-i'm also hoping that the clutch and shifter feel more "precise" than the 2009 STi i drove--closer to the BRZ/FRS
-i'm looking forward to the utility aspect--easy loading and unloading, large trunk, and i want cloth seats, which are difficult to find them in a 3 series (unless you spring for the M3), and i don't want any of the "premium" aspects associated w/ BMW in the US (wood trim, nav, power seats, etc).

if i could have two cars, i'd probably keep my 330i and get a BRZ/FRS, but i'm limited to a single vehicle that has to do it all.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
http://www.auto123.com/en/multimedia/photos/gallery/2015-subaru-wrx-sti-first-impressions?bid=165895&binding=3#pg=p_4_f_a

I know people were asking more for white. Obviously, not personally owned, but wow. it looks good.
Great find, thanks for posting!

Based on this image:

I think it's going to be hard to justify lowering the car. Sure, a 1/2 - 3/4" drop would be great, but not at the expense of what is reportedly already superb handling. I think I can live with the wheel gap in stock form based on that photo. Obviously the illest/hella crowd will disagree.

that's my issue as well--at a CCA car control clinic, my 330i car did have a bit much body roll. i've also driven the BRZ/FRS and e46 330i w/ ZHP (perf pkg), and wouldn't mind something stiffer than those.

some of my thoughts thus far:

-i'm hoping that the 2015 STi will feel noticeably faster on pickup, kind of like a BRZ/FRS on steroids (and also quicker than the ~245hp in my current 330i)
-i'm also hoping that the clutch and shifter feel more "precise" than the 2009 STi i drove--closer to the BRZ/FRS
-i'm looking forward to the utility aspect--easy loading and unloading, large trunk, and i want cloth seats, which are difficult to find them in a 3 series (unless you spring for the M3), and i don't want any of the "premium" aspects associated w/ BMW in the US (wood trim, nav, power seats, etc).

if i could have two cars, i'd probably keep my 330i and get a BRZ/FRS, but i'm limited to a single vehicle that has to do it all.
The STi will definitely feel stiffer than your E90, and I would venture to say also more so than the E46 ZHP. One difference that you may notice though is the nose-heavy balance on the STi, especially against the E46.

As for responsiveness: Boost lag. You'll get used to it, but a good NA motor like the 330 has will always feel more responsive than a turbo motor. Hopefully the new throttle mapping in the '15 will give more feel than you came away with from your test drive.

Not sure on the clutch/shifter compared to an '09 STi, since the gearbox is essentially carried over with some tweaks. The E9* cars all used cable shifters, so it should at least feel better than that - IMHO the STi 'box is more precise than the E92 shifter. And there's no CDV to deal with on the STi as there was on the E9* series cars.

Your final point on utility/relative sportiness is spot on.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
This one arrived at my local dealer. I didn't take the pics but I thought I'd share since no one posted plasma blue yet.
Plasma blue looks bad ass! I really want a picture of the driver door open and a shot of the the whole side of the car, I just want a better idea of how that red flows with the exterior color.
There is no plasma blue anymore, its not galaxy blue. Blurple was discontinued, worst color in my opinion.
Anyone that has their cars order the STi/SPT catback? The design looks slightly different from previous, curious how it sounds.
I too am interest in the STI exhaust and how it sounds. I ordered it on mine, have been looking for pictures and sound videos but I've failed to find any.

·
Former Site Owner
6,258 Posts
Post pics of your new 2015

Hey guys,
I added a 2015+ Member Journal Forum for you: 2015+ Member Journals - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

The first 20 people to post up a build thread or member journal will receive 1 year of premium membership. You don't need to own the car yet, but just have ordered it. The thread can include a story about what led you to the decision to buy an STI, the process you went through, how this forum played a role, where you bought, and when and what you THINK you might modify in the future.

If you already have your 2015, include the above story plus photos picking the car up and photos at home. Plus tell us about your experience and what it was like when you first saw your car and drove it!

Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
The first 20 people to post up a build thread or member journal will receive 1 year of premium membership. You don't need to own the car yet, but just have ordered it. The thread can include a story about what led you to the decision to buy an STI, the process you went through, how this forum played a role, where you bought, and when and what you THINK you might modify in the future.

If you already have your 2015, include the above story plus photos picking the car up and photos at home. Plus tell us about your experience and what it was like when you first saw your car and drove it!

Good Luck!

Done! :beer:

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2015-member-journals/268420-gargleblasters-2015-sti-journal.html#post3974198

·
Registered
200 Posts

Good Luck!

DONE! :tup: W/PIC of window sticker=]

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2015-member-journals/268421-tjaistis-upcoming-wrb-launch-edition.html

·
Registered
633 Posts

Good Luck!

Thanks, I took you up on the offer!

81 - 100 of 4422 Posts