IW STi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 4406 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
can those coming from e90/e92 M3s and other makes please comment on the compare/contrasts? thanks!
I presume there won't be much to compare, but I will give it my best shot.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I presume there won't be much to compare, but I will give it my best shot.
Thank you. i'm coming from an e90 330i w/ sport package, and have only driven an 09 STi (dealer wouldn't let me drive a 14), but i wasn't that impressed (the car may have been abused) w/ the pickup and braking. however, the ride was much more comfortable than my 330i, and the i liked the shifter better as well.

i'm pretty excited about the new STi, because it has both the utility + performance aspect vs. a dedicated sports car like the BRZ.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Thank you. i'm coming from an e90 330i w/ sport package, and have only driven an 09 STi (dealer wouldn't let me drive a 14), but i wasn't that impressed (the car may have been abused) w/ the pickup and braking. however, the ride was much more comfortable than my 330i, and the i liked the shifter better as well.

i'm pretty excited about the new STi, because it has both the utility + performance aspect vs. a dedicated sports car like the BRZ.
I had an E92 335 M-sport for a while, and have owned two STi's previously, one from each gen.

Based on what you wrote about your impressions, I'd highly advise you to drive an STi before ordering one. I sold my E92 because its ride was too soft for my tastes. Maybe it would help if you can define comfortable for us - I don't think a '15 STi will be anything approaching comfortable unless you are as turned off by body roll in a BMW as I was. :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
o_O Even the outgoing cars have red LED lighting, IIRC. Have you messed with the interior light settings?
I'm pretty sure there aren't any footwell lights. I haven't messed with anything. The only lights I see getting into/out of the vehicle is the dome light. I didn't start the car up fully though so I may be wrong...

According to this it's a standard feature:
2015 Subaru WRX and STI spec page

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Cars 101 says it's standard on any of the models:

Interior accent lighting (footwell LEDs)

Maybe the LEDs are in the same box as the blue steering wheel stitching. ???

·
Registered
423 Posts
Are there any actual Subaru advertisements stating the launch having footwell lighting? I can include this in my email to SOA. This is BS if they left out the footwell lighting on top of the steering wheel stitching!!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Are there any actual Subaru advertisements stating the launch having footwell lighting? I can include this in my email to SOA. This is BS if they left out the footwell lighting on top of the steering wheel stitching!!
The pre-launch brochure doesn't have anything, I also can't find mention of footwell lighting in the manual.

61 - 80 of 4406 Posts