IW STi Forum banner
4641 - 4657 of 4657 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you do a standalone wiring harness for your fogs? I've been wanting to set mine up using the factory wiring. I know the car is wired for them, it's just finding where the wires are that I'm struggling with. As far as I'm concerned, no one makes a pigtail that allows you to plug in fog lights. I'm torn between two options. There's a plug behind the bezel where the trunk release is and I've heard that it's for fog lights, however I also know that the newer WRX's had their fog lights mounted to the blinker lever as well as the headlights. Sorry for so much typing. Just curious as to what you did and wanted to bounce my idea off of you.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you do a standalone wiring harness for your fogs? I've been wanting to set mine up using the factory wiring. I know the car is wired for them, it's just finding where the wires are that I'm struggling with. As far as I'm concerned, no one makes a pigtail that allows you to plug in fog lights. I'm torn between two options. There's a plug behind the bezel where the trunk release is and I've heard that it's for fog lights, however I also know that the newer WRX's had their fog lights mounted to the blinker lever as well as the headlights. Sorry for so much typing. Just curious as to what you did and wanted to bounce my idea off of you.
The harness I used is the 2018+ STI Heavy Duty Fog Light Harness (Prolightz Canada). The harness is plugged into low beam fuse slot as it has add-a-fuse. YouTube search Prolightz fog install to see the cable. Plug-n-Play two relays wired into cable - wires in cloth braid to protect them. Very nice product.

However, I did buy OEM fog relay and switch that fits in existing bezel - Installed both and when switch is turned on I can hear the relay and fog indicator lights on gauge cluster. There is a blue wire that runs from the relay connection under the glove box to a connector under the battery box. This blue wire does not go beyond that connector under the hood so you would have to tap it for + and then get a ground. I found this out after my install so have not removed the battery and taken a look - some day I might so I can turn them off and on rather then them being on when low beam are on.

I will see if I can find the post where I found out about where to plug in the OEM relay and the existence of the blue wire. Here it is --> 2018+ STi Fog Light Install. (Using OEM Parts)

Should you decide to install the replay you do not need to remove the glove box. You can look up from the passenger foot well and plug it in.

4641 - 4657 of 4657 Posts