IW STi Forum banner

4401 - 4420 of 4453 Posts

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
Nice!

Wheels look nice indeed with the Magnetic Grey.

I have been browsing web sites for days now looking for 18" wheels that will fit, I mean clear the Brembo calipers. There are some. I decided to order 19" winter tires and get them installed on the oem wheels.

At spring I'll do research again for 19" wheels that fit. Black of course, will make the neon yellow caliper pop. And get 19" summer tires with them.

Congrats again sir, enjoy!

I’m in the same boat with tires. I’m leaning towards 19 snow tires on the factory wheels. I’ll get summer wheels in the spring. Some 18” will fit but they look too close for me. One rock gets stuck up in there and scratches up things. More clearance around the caliper when on the track is always better. More airflow around it to stay cooler too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,331 Posts
I just picked up a 2019 STI I like the wheels on the 19's than the 20's

Yep. 2020 wheels look garbage to me as well. I’m glad I was able to grab the 2019 STI late in the season. They had a factory rebate and 1.9 percent financing. There was literally one STI left on the lot in Michigan and one bring delivered to another dealer when I grabbed it. The other dealer wanted the white one that was listed and they traded there late arrival black one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh, I love the look of the 19" rims on the 2018+ models. It just looks perfect! I just wish they didn't weight so much....over 28.5 pounds per wheel =(

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Oh, I love the look of the 19" rims on the 2018+ models. It just looks perfect! I just wish they didn't weight so much....over 28.5 pounds per wheel =(
”I agree with your opinion that the 19’s look better, butIm not convinced going 18’s makes that much difference. I have a 2018 and purchased what are advertised as 19 lb forged wheels, but after mounting 265/35/18 RE71R tires, each wheel/tire only weighed 3.5 lbs less. Thats after spending $3700 on wheels and tires. Also, with the RE71R tires, the sidewalls Are so stiff that they do not have any better ride quality than the stock setup.

But, they stick like crazy.

4401 - 4420 of 4453 Posts