IW STi Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have a brand new never installed black wrinkle painted MELE battery box for sale. It is designed for fitting a Odyssey PC680 battery in 2015+ STI. Clears COBB’s flex fuel sensor if you decide to add safe power down the line.

Like you I had intended to further reduce weight. I had Ohlins and Volk wheels and considered adding Girodisc and a lightweight battery to complete a sensible daily.

FS

·
Vendor
419 Posts
I leave my cars sitting for months at a time with lithium batteries and they start fine. All of the lithium's we sell have built in protection in the BMS for under voltage so you don't have to worry about it. The only time I worry about a charger is winter, when I know I won't drive a car for 3+ months.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I really hope we can keep this thread going; the VAB feels so 'big' compared to my '07 STi lol. A healthy weight drop should even things out a bit. My goal is to go for a JDM light weight build. Shave weight, keep things understated and enhance what the car already has to offer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here's my list so far, on a 2015 STI launch edition, without totally ruining the interior just yet:
Spare tire/tools/trunk liner/manual 55-60 lbs?
Cobb dp -12 lbs
HKS elh -15 lbs
dss CF driveshaft -15 lbs
Fujitsubo exh -25 lbs
Girodisc front/rear rotors -22 lbs
Enkei 17x8 with 235/45/17 mich ps4s 36 lbs
HKS coilovers 10-15 lbs?

This gets me to ~200 lbs weight savings. The weights might not be completely accurate, but I like that my list so far is performance related without having to sacrifice interior aesthetics. Next I'll probably do a tomioka trb battery (-19 lbs) and TGV/air pump delete.I was also considering using beatrush front/rear end braces, but after reading about problems with insurance claims I might skip that now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I might be getting too old, but I'm trying to wrap my head around the need to drop all this weight for a street car?

If this thing was hitting the track, it would make sense to me but it's not.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I might be getting too old, but I'm trying to wrap my head around the need to drop all this weight for a street car?

I think a lot of has to do with improving the responsiveness of the car in general; I agree going to such an extent is most likely overkill, for a street car, but it's also in the experience of getting to "feel" the car change when it's simply lighter.

For my RA, my whole build (if it ever begins) will be centered around light weight everything. Single exhaust, carbon and titanium. I don't need or want crazy aero and want to keep an OEM look, with subtle weight reduction.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Bump, I want to keep this thread alive - the "adding lightness" mentality never gets old!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi, for those who are interested in my updates on the weight reduction build.

Weight: 1450kg
900/620
830/620

Front Seats ~50lbs
Rear Door Panels - 10.4lbs
Back Seat Top - 33.2lbs
Back Seat Bottom - 11.6lbs
Back Seat Metals - 5.6lbs
Trunk Misc Items and Liner - 17lbs
Seat Belts - 9.8lbs
Rear Speaker Covers - 4.4lbs
Spare Tire - 35lbs
Car jack - 5lbs
User Manual 3lbs
HKS HIPOWER Catback Exhaust - 13lbs
Girodisc Front Rotors - 8lbs pair
Sound Deadening - 12.76lbs
Carpet Half -4.4lbs
TGV/EGR/Air Pump Delete - 21lbs
Exhaust Heatshield
Head unit -5.4lbs
Amp -3.8lbs
Amp metal plate -2.2lbs
Front left speaker -2.2lbs
Wheels ~40lbs
Front crashbar ~30lbs
Oil cooler -5lbs
AC -17.1lbs
AC coolant ~6lbs
HKS Headers -12.4lbs
Front side crash bar x2 -10.3lbs
DP - 2lbs

windshield reservoir and fluid 10.6lbs to rear
intercooler heavier 1.54lbs

Total 368.9lbs

Sport Tech oem weight: 3520lbs
Weigh Station: 1450kg/3190lbs

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #29

Everyone has different preference on the build. Some want it 100% stock while some want 300whp/400whp/700whp.

My goal is to hit 400whp with my weight reduction along with the rally spec coilovers and wheels. All of the parts should come within 1-2 months.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Everyone has different preference on the build. Some want it 100% stock while some want 300whp/400whp/700whp.

My goal is to hit 400whp with my weight reduction along with the rally spec coilovers and wheels. All of the parts should come within 1-2 months.
Do you have a member's journal or IG? I'd love to see what you do with the car in the future!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Do you have a member's journal or IG? I'd love to see what you do with the car in the future!
I dont have them and my IG is a personal one. I'll try to remember posting more updates in the future. Thank you for the interests.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
TR GTX2971 twin scroll turbo
TR Headers
TR downpipe
TR uppipe
Perrin Fuel Rail
Perrin Fuel Pressure Regulator
ID 1050x Fuel Injectors

21 - 33 of 33 Posts