IW STi Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The first shipment of 2015 STI Swift Spec-R springs is inbound!

Here's the lowdown on these awesome springs!
  • Spring rates are 6.3 kg/mm front, 7.4 kg/mm rear (stock rates are 6.0 / 7.2)
  • Lowers the car by 1" front and rear. The final wheel gap looks perfect. It's great for daily driving, autocross, and HPDE / track events.
  • We've thoroughly tested the prototype set and the handling is even flatter and more controllable. It's easier to rotate the car and turn in response is sharper.
  • Nine sets of springs will be coming in the first shipment. They will arrive around the first week of October. Arrival dates are subject to change.
  • Pricing is $314.25 shipped anywhere in the continental U.S.
  • To get on the list, we require 50% down. We accept PayPal or credit card via phone. PM us or call us at (909) 315-8208 to reserve your set.
  • Local pickup and installation is available in the Southern California area, please PM us for information on that!
  • Questions? Send us a PM!

The List
1. CaptainObvious from IWSTI
2. C6Flyby from IWSTI
3. pvtdonuts from IWSTI
4. OnLnAgent from IWSTI
5. Cerebrallp02 from IWSTI
6. Local Pre-Order
7. Dean, local pre-order

[/size]

·
Registered
486 Posts
^ All the pictures posted above are the actual drop with the Swift springs ? If so I cant really tell any difference from stock......

·
Banned
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pic with car hood up looks noticibly lower.

Payment sent.
Thanks! We'll get you on the list (if one of us haven't done so already :))

Indeed that was the only one that looked lower to me as well.
It's indeed an inch lower than stock. We didn't have a good chance to get before pictures from the same perspective as the after ones. Swift focuses on lowering the car as much as is safe for the struts without putting undue stress on any components. The main priority is on improving the handling balance of the car, rather than lowering it excessively.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Typically it's best to take this to a shop for installation. I may be wrong but you may need a tool to compress the spring to get it on and will want to have the alignment checked after the install.

·
Registered
80 Posts
does anyone happen to know the install process for these? I'm interested but this is my first STI and I'm curious.
If you're an intermediate DIYer, this is a pretty easy install, just a little time consuming. Spring compressors are pretty cheap, and places like Auto Zone might rent them out.

You will need an alignment after the install for sho.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Will these require fenders to be rolled with OEM wheels tires? Also since we are getting close to delivery when will the second invoice be sent out?

·
Banned
992 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will these require fenders to be rolled with OEM wheels tires? Also since we are getting close to delivery when will the second invoice be sent out?
On our test car, the fenders did NOT need to be rolled for OEM wheels.

We will send out the second invoice next Monday or Tuesday, Oct 13-14. If you won't be available those days but want the springs ASAP, I can send the 2nd invoice now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.