IW STi Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know who sells the rear seat delete for 2015+ STI?

or any solutions will be appreciated

·
Registered
715 Posts
There's a ten year old thread that popped up for me, but they link to a couple different companies in the UK that offer custom solutions. I think beatrush used to offer a solution as well, but their US website sucks and I can't tell if they have anything.

rear seat delete? - NASIOC

·
Registered
107 Posts
Why not just get some carpet and do it yourself? I assume you are going for the weight reduction and carpet would be lighter than any molded plastic cover would be.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why not just get some carpet and do it yourself? I assume you are going for the weight reduction and carpet would be lighter than any molded plastic cover would be.
I would prefer a clean look and that's why I was checking to see if anyone knows where to buy premade ones.

Thank you for the suggestion but I think I will go with a net for minimal weight/cost at this time.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Just curious what the potential weight savings are? The rear upper and lower seat sections could weigh more than 10-12 lbs, and then what ever goes back in is going to weigh at least 5, right?

Sorry, just looked this up. Rear seats on WRX are listed at a total of 27lbs. Still not much going on there...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Just curious what the potential weight savings are? The rear upper and lower seat sections could weigh more than 10-12 lbs, and then what ever goes back in is going to weigh at least 5, right?

Sorry, just looked this up. Rear seats on WRX are listed at a total of 27lbs. Still not much going on there...
I think the rear seat delete might have something to do with a cage being put in otherwise I'm not sure if it would be worth the effort to save the weight.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts