IW STi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I purchased a 2015 STI a couple weeks ago and yesterday I did a hard launch (3k rpm) and the car died afterwards and now won't even crank. The C.diff & Hill Assist lights came on. I tried push started it but still nothing. Any help or suggestions will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No codes. Just the C.Diff and Hill Assist error lights are on.

I didn't activate launch control. But did have the traction control off.

It was on a dirt trail with elevation change.

Thank you for your reply! 😁

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
3k is NOT a hard launch, I’m surprised it didn’t big down that low of an rpm honestly.

that said. Do you have codes? Cause those coming on makes me think there’s a code.

How did you launch? With launch control?
No codes. Just the C.Diff and Hill Assist error lights are on.

I didn't activate launch control. But did have the traction control off.

It was on a dirt trail with elevation change.

Thank you for your reply! 😁

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Take it to a dealer/subaru speciality shop and ask them to hook up the Subaru Select Monitor and read the code. Just because there's no code in the ECU (what the AP reads) doesn't mean the DCCD control module or VDC module doesn't have a code stored. The SSM can read those modules.

with a quick read through google. this could also be a bad ground or some sort of loose wiring issue as well. read a few like that.

also read a few that said resetting the ecu/clearing codes even if non existent fixed the issue. this was like 2 people though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Take it to a dealer/subaru speciality shop and ask them to hook up the Subaru Select Monitor and read the code. Just because there's no code in the ECU (what the AP reads) doesn't mean the DCCD control module or VDC module doesn't have a code stored. The SSM can read those modules.

with a quick read through google. this could also be a bad ground or some sort of loose wiring issue as well. read a few like that.

also read a few that said resetting the ecu/clearing codes even if non existent fixed the issue. this was like 2 people though.
Thank you so much!!! Will do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I found out the 15 amp fuse located by the steering column went out. Everytime I launch the car with Cobb Access Port at 5,100 rpm it keeps popping the same fuse. The the fouth from the top right as shown on photos.
Gadget Circuit component Computer hardware Technology Electronic device

Gadget Audio equipment Electronic device Machine Electronic component

Input device Peripheral Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gadget

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Really? That’s weird. I have launched my car literally hundreds of times, 4500 on the street. Went to like 6300 on a prepped drag strip to keep from bogging down. Never have I popped a fuse. I’m curious as to what would cause that

1 - 13 of 13 Posts