IW STi Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Did you upgrade the oem valves and guide or left the oem? I took my heads to the machine shop to cleaned them, they told me the valves still good and working fine. ill probaly buy a Coml23 compressor tool and install the springs and retainers myself to save a buck, im between ferrea(too expesive for a damm spring and retainers kit) or gsc, thing is i dont know if is worth to change the valves and the guides, not planning to port, just to refresh and polish the intake and exhaust port, and obviusly im upgrading the cams as well. We'll see, for now the heads is not the biggest priority. Main priority is getting the pre built closed deck block. My oem block still good but i think itll be more expensive to build it, specially if I sleeve it or do a closed deck conversion.
full gsc other than the cams. when I built mine gsc cams were backorder.i didn't want to wait I went with bc. my block is sleeves

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Honestly, I dont know if they exactly fabricate the cams, unless he meant they use a specific brand with specific lift, 272 or 280. I was thinking in the GSC S2 with Ferrea Springs and retainers kit.
Reaching you out again, yeah that was bad info, what i meant is they're going to use a combination of GSC S1/S2 with Ferrea Competition Plus valves and Ferrea Endurance springs and retainers.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts