IW STi Forum banner

161 - 180 of 893 Posts

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Re: 2014 DGM Sti- *IAG*KillerB*

I like the min/max and the warning.

Would've come in handy for me more than once.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #164

I like the min/max and the warning.

Would've come in handy for me more than once.
Yeah, I mostly am going with this because I only want one gauge that can read multiple things.

I should have the engine in the car this weekend... not sure if it will be crank ready. Still waiting on some kind break in tune for the TGV Deletes, header, and Air pump deletes.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #166

I'm pretty sure the engine is going in on Saturday. Just a couple things to button up and it's good to go. OMG :eek:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

Awesome. I like those gauges too, I really do not want a bank of gauges on the dash or A pillar. I love that you can have a default view but if it alarms for another sensor it will change views.

I've debated having an old rooted cell phone dedicated to a headunit that supports true screen mirroring. And then just leave it on torque basically. Use that for the stuff the ECU monitors, then have the PLX for stuff like oil temp, oil pressure, wideband o2, etc.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #168

Awesome. I like those gauges too, I really do not want a bank of gauges on the dash or A pillar. I love that you can have a default view but if it alarms for another sensor it will change views.

I've debated having an old rooted cell phone dedicated to a headunit that supports true screen mirroring. And then just leave it on torque basically. Use that for the stuff the ECU monitors, then have the PLX for stuff like oil temp, oil pressure, wideband o2, etc.
In the beginning I wasn't going to do much of anything to this car, so I never put a lot of thought into a gauge setup. I came from a car that was decently modified and wanted to take a step back to focus on becoming a real adult! :rofl::rofl:

Obviously that wasn't in the cards. But yeah, I had a triple on the A pillar for the last car and I just... meh. Simple is better now. Between the AP and the PLX I should be able to monitor everything I want that way. My buddy has the DM6 in one of his cars, and it seems to work pretty decent.

You could technically get the DM 100 (or 200) and run OBD-II monitors from that as well - so that's something to think about if you want to keep it minimal.

Buttoning it all up! :D

Aww look, such a little turbo, how cute.

Holy header will be going on today or tomorrow, and then should be dropping it in tomorrow. :eek:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts

Very noice. Agreed, there are some things I want to tweak but after having motorcycles with a fair amount of mods and having done many small mods to previous cars, I'm ready for more of an oem feel.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

I just need to eventually find the time (and money) to get around to installing what I already have, and to finish building my car to its potential....however a new block and heads seem to be in the near future at this point.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #171

Very noice. Agreed, there are some things I want to tweak but after having motorcycles with a fair amount of mods and having done many small mods to previous cars, I'm ready for more of an oem feel.
YES! That's what I was hoping for as well - I was going to focus on suspension and just enjoying the car. I'll still enjoy it now, but it's not the same.

I just need to eventually find the time (and money) to get around to installing what I already have, and to finish building my car to its potential....however a new block and heads seem to be in the near future at this point.
The feels are so real. I have things to install, suspension wise, and it just isn't going to happen. Brake lines - new pads - SS clutch line - random bushings. Hell I don't even know where the stuff is any more :lol:

What's the plans if you do end up swapping engines?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts

I'm true fashion I have changed my path again, going to put in a IAG closed deck with some moderate head work, a rotated setup and FMIC. No idea on what size rotated setup but as typical I change my path after I already have gone one way.

The 2.5 XTR is nice and I haven't even used the full potential due to the stock block but I already know I want more.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts

Yeah, I mostly am going with this because I only want one gauge that can read multiple things.

I should have the engine in the car this weekend... not sure if it will be crank ready. Still waiting on some kind break in tune for the TGV Deletes, header, and Air pump deletes.
I too am a fan of multitasking gauges.

You should check out these ones from Innovate.

ECB-1 (BOOST) Ethanol Content & Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge

MTX Digital Series "Dual Function" Gauges

SCG-1 Solenoid Boost Controller Gauge
(good for non-ethanol setups)

And if you lookin for non-a pillar gauge pods, check out this from SMY

https://www.primesmy.com/gauge-pods-1541/smy-52mm-defroster-gauge-vent-pod-2008-2014-wrx-sti.html

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #174

I'm true fashion I have changed my path again, going to put in a IAG closed deck with some moderate head work, a rotated setup and FMIC. No idea on what size rotated setup but as typical I change my path after I already have gone one way.

The 2.5 XTR is nice and I haven't even used the full potential due to the stock block but I already know I want more.
I'm stuck on stock turbo for a little bit. :( Closed deck is the way to go for sure though, sometimes I wonder if I biffed. Time will tell. LOL

I too am a fan of multitasking gauges.

You should check out these ones from Innovate.

ECB-1 (BOOST) Ethanol Content & Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge

MTX Digital Series "Dual Function" Gauges

SCG-1 Solenoid Boost Controller Gauge
(good for non-ethanol setups)

And if you lookin for non-a pillar gauge pods, check out this from SMY

https://www.primesmy.com/gauge-pods-1541/smy-52mm-defroster-gauge-vent-pod-2008-2014-wrx-sti.html
I was actually going to ask you about your vent gauge!!! Do you have any pics of it installed? I noticed you had it ready to go. It looks like a good execution, and it's out of the way but still visible.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #175

Update:

Everything is ready to go. This morning I ordered a remote mount for the oil pressure sensor, and the last thing that the dealer didn't give me back, which was the coolant expansion tank on the driver side :mad::(:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Thursday is the day now... maybe.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #177

It's literally all in and ready to go. But the dealer that pulled the motor out didn't give me back some select items. So as I continue on I find out more that's missing. SOA will be getting a bill.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts

I'm stuck on stock turbo for a little bit. :( Closed deck is the way to go for sure though, sometimes I wonder if I biffed. Time will tell. LOL

I was actually going to ask you about your vent gauge!!! Do you have any pics of it installed? I noticed you had it ready to go. It looks like a good execution, and it's out of the way but still visible.
I don't think you biffed, unless you plan on going real big with the turbo.

I was pretty much all but sold on getting the closed deck, but went with the Stage 2 tuff
instead, as advised by Rick at IAG, Lachute Performance, and people on this forum (user).

Basically I was told it was overkill for my power goals, and that the closed deck would
not necessarily translate to longer engine lifespan. It was put to me as though I would have
been spending a lot more money on features that would never come into play. Lets hope
that holds true, because if the piston wall cracks in that one thin spot, I will be kicking
myself over not ignoring everyone and going with the closed deck.

Here are a couple pics of the gauge pod as requested :)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #179

I don't think you biffed, unless you plan on going real big with the turbo.

I was pretty much all but sold on getting the closed deck, but went with the Stage 2 tuff
instead, as advised by Rick at IAG, Lachute Performance, and people on this forum (user).

Basically I was told it was overkill for my power goals, and that the closed deck would
not necessarily translate to longer engine lifespan. It was put to me as though I would have
been spending a lot more money on features that would never come into play. Lets hope
that holds true, because if the piston wall cracks in that one thin spot, I will be kicking
myself over not ignoring everyone and going with the closed deck.

Here are a couple pics of the gauge pod as requested :)

Image Link

Image Link
For the same reasons you did, I did as well. I'm really only looking for 450 WHP (if even that.) This is my daily driver :rofl::rofl:

THE POD LOOKS AWESOME! That makes that decision very easy, thankyou! LOL

·
Registered
3,518 Posts

For the same reasons you did, I did as well. I'm really only looking for 450 WHP (if even that.) This is my daily driver :rofl::rofl:

THE POD LOOKS AWESOME! That makes that decision very easy, thankyou! LOL
ONLY 450WHP...lol...ridicoulous!

161 - 180 of 893 Posts